Question on Thoth Deck

Professor X

Abrac said:
Professor X, you must be curious or why else would you inquire? As you said, there must be something there or the deck wouldn't have lasted.

Your curiosity is normal in my opinion. Crowley was an influential figure in occult circles and I believe sooner or later anyone on that path has to come to terms with him. Just because Crowley had his demons that doesn't mean they will rub off on you simply by learning about him or his tarot. Check it out for yourself and then decide. :)

I am curious about ALL things occult. It is what I like to study and learn about. Crowley was a MAJOR occult figure. I have read books of his before.
It is only natural that when I heard he had a deck out that I investigate it as well so I did. Upon my investigations his deck to me appears to be somewhat bizzare. Very much different than the rest of the decks. His deck has a entirely different energy and current that the rest of them do.

Grigori

Welcome to AT Professor X :)

If I could just draw everyone's attention to the forum rules, in particular

Being a controversial man, Crowley frequently attracts debate and criticism. This section of AT is intended to be a place for interested people to further study his work. Debating the merits of his deck or magick does not belong in this forum, as it tends to derail efforts to actually study the material. Which after all is what this forum exists for. Debating the validity of a magical approach to tarot and similar discussions, are better suited to the general sections of AT, such as the Talking Tarot section.

With that said, I think the Thoth is the most stunning deck created, though can see it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. If you decide to buy a copy Professor X (if you can find one :laugh:) do stop by and talk about it. It would be good to discuss the actual deck in detail rather than boogeyman stories ;)

I think everything that needs to be said has been already, so will close this thread now.

Thanks everyone for your input :)