time of birth??

saleeneh

I am almost ashamed to admit that I dont know very much at all about astrology...but my question is how do you find out what time you were born?? I have not seen my original birth certificate is it always on there/?? I am asking because it will be an ordeal for me to find it. thanks PS my parents are both passed away.

olivia1

If you were born in CA or PA, I know that it is definitely on. I haven't seen the birth certificates for other states, though. I would imagine, it would have your birth time on it.

dimwem

South Carolina, Ohio and Kentucky also all have the time you were born, although Kentucky rounds it to the nearest hour.

Although your parents have passed, do you have any family or friends of the family who would have been contacted about the blessing of your birth? They might not know the time, but they may remember the time of day and that would be more accurate than using noon or midnight. My aunt knows that I was born in the early morning "around 3." That's only 15 minutes off.

celticnoodle

alot of states do put the time of birth on the certificate, and some others do not. as long as you know the town or city of birth, and state--you can write off to get your birth certificate for a moderate cost.

if there is not a time of birth, you can still get a general idea of when you were born, (not that I am any astrology know it all), but I believe it was discussed on here before as to how to get a generally good idea of what time you were born!

Minderwiz

There are tecniques for rectification of birth times, and also expensive software that will give you the most probable time BUT all of them work better the more accurate the approximation to begin with. Thus if you know your birth time withina half an hour, you're more likely to get something accurate than if you only know it to within 2 hours.

That requires you to do at least some detective work. Getting a copy of your birth certificate is the best thing you can do, even if the time is rounded, you then have a good approximation to work on. Failing that, the recollections of aunts/uncles and friends of your parents at the time will be the best you can do. Don't expect anything accurate in the latter cases but you should be able to get something like 'very early morning' or 'just before lunch' or 'sometime in the evening'

You can then try some techniques to narrow down still further but I'm afraid that you will always have some element of error in the timing.

Incidentally, if we are being nit picking on timing, ANY recorded time on a birth certificate will be subject to error, though hopefully no more than a minute or two, unless you have someone with a stopwatch whose only job is to record the moment of birth and that they execute their job perfectly. Rectification on such timed births is likely to be very accurate.

However, for most modern purposes a birth time with an accuracy of 15 to 30 minutes will work reasonably well. The extremely accurate timing (whether using rectification or actual observation) is only really nescessary for predictive systems such as Primary Directions.

saleeneh

Hi thanks for the replies. I was born in CA so I will start my detective work knowing that it is on my birth certificate. Unfortunately, there is no one around anymore that has any idea of my birth but this should be more accurate anyway.

olivia1

Minderwiz said:
ANY recorded time on a birth certificate will be subject to error, though hopefully no more than a minute or two, unless you have someone with a stopwatch whose only job is to record the moment of birth and that they execute their job perfectly. Rectification on such timed births is likely to be very accurate.

However, for most modern purposes a birth time with an accuracy of 15 to 30 minutes will work reasonably well. The extremely accurate timing (whether using rectification or actual observation) is only really nescessary for predictive systems such as Primary Directions.

Thanks for clearing this up :) Im glad you brought this up because CA recorded my birth time as 5:07 PM. My dad swears I was born at 5:03 PM. I've been so stressed out about it because people are always telling me I needed the exact time... I didn't know which time to trust. I assumed nurses kept accurate records so I went with my birth certificate. Now I will go with 5:03..but does it really make a difference? I know you said as long as its within 15-30 mins it should still work well..

celticnoodle

saleeneh said:
Hi thanks for the replies. I was born in CA so I will start my detective work knowing that it is on my birth certificate. Unfortunately, there is no one around anymore that has any idea of my birth but this should be more accurate anyway.

well, you may be in luck, and may not have to order your birth certificate. I do genealogy research, and the birth, death and marriage records for the state of CA are available for free online.

not sure when you were born, and they may not have ALL the births on there, (may stop at a year before you were born), but worth a try! just google "free online california birth records". good luck! :)