a stone

tanis

what is the birth jem for someone in september or a virgo. ive been told three different stones rose quartz, blue agate and clear quartz. i have no idea help!

Melissa`

Cunningham suggests Agate or Adverturine for Virgo. pg 226

Then you have your 'Modern Birthstone'. For the month of September as a whole, Sapphire. A modern birthstone is what most jewelers use for making general all purpose jewelry and anniversary gifts.

Then I've also heard of carnelian for virgo.

I've read several different books that sometimes list different stones besides the other books.. none of which I have handy at the moment or I would go further...

sorry :(

Amaya

Pollux

Tanis: I suggest going to the local Crystal shop and picking your very own stone!!! Check which one attracts you the most, and magickally it will become your personal stone, the one you really need...

(BTW I also heard of Amethyst for Virgos.
BUT I have a Gemini Sun, Aries Moon, Scorpio Rising and planets in Gemini, Leo, Libra and Sagi. Guess what? I picked an Amethyst... :p *LOL*)

Dakini

The hidden world of birthdays

My neighbor just lent me this book and it gives all kind of info. You look up the birthday and it gives your gemstone, spiritual stone, your flower, astral color, color need, apparel color, your fragrance, your health scent, your star, angel, guardian angel and a whole lot of stuff. The book is "the hidden world of birthdays" by Judith Turner. My daughter BD is in sept and it lists both her stones as jasper. Jasper seems to be the spiritual stone for virgo's according to this book. Bright Blessings Dakini

azuremariposa

odd...somewhere i had read about jade for virgo...i think it was in a book by linda goodman...
also, virgo is ruled by mercury and in vedic astrology stones for mercury include (but are not limited to): emerald, green jade, peridot, green tourmaline, tsavorite and green diopside...
but then, someone who is a virgo in western astrology might not be a virgo in vedic, so i don't know if that really helps...
lord, i'm out of it today! lol...sorry...i think i'm even confusing myself...
many blessings to all!!

p.s. hope it's ok i post this here...i do have cunningham's book, but did not reference it for this reply ;)
p.p.s. i totally agree w/Pollux re: picking your own stone...i love aquamarine (my birthstone)...but it certainly isn't the only stone i love, and my personal favourite (today) is an ametrine piece i have in my collection...:D

tanis

thanks!!

thank you everyone that gave me info. I will take everything into acount and try to find the right stone. But it's still hard to chose one. but thanks anyway.

Tanis.

Questions are the windows to the universe. :?)

Minderwiz

It certainly is confusing in terms of lining up stones with Zodiac signs - Parker and Parker link Virgo to Sardonyx, which is reddish brown and attribute sapphire and jade to Libra. Marcia Starck who wrote 'Healing with Astrology' does not link stones to signs but she does link to planets. Virgo is ruled by Mercury and she links Mercury with Agate and Tiger's Eye.

Finally Ronnie Gale Dryer in 'Healing Signs' divides Virgo as follows: August 23 - 31 Peridot, September 1 to 20th Sapphire (which is clearly assigning by Calendar month)and then proceeds to add other stones incuding Sardonyx, Agate, Marble and Jasper.

Confusing or what?? :)

tanis

very confussing. I went to Crystal Dreams and picked a moonstone.

Tanis