Question about Natal Charts

pink81483

Can you create a natal chart, choosing the signs for the planets and then based off of what you've created find the birth data?

dadsnook2000

Working backwards . . .

. . . also called "reversed engineering" this method can work. The key is to start with the outer planets and progressively narrow down the periods when that planet can be in that sign. Pluto first will define a 20 year period, Neptune a 14 year period, Uranus a 7 year period, Saturn a 2.5 year period, Jupiter a 1 year period.

As you move down the scale of time in a sign, don't make the mistake of jumping to a conclusion --- you can be off by 12 years with a wrong guess of Jupiter, for example. Knowing the Sun-sign makes it easier to scan through an ephemeris as you can check just that one month for the other planet's positions.

The Moon will be the last factor to check and this will narrow it down to a couple of days. That is as close as you can get with this method.

There are prior posts in the Astrology Forum about "rectifying" a chart. Many approaches have been covered, the most complete one has not been addressed probably because it might be beyond the scope of interest and skills of many list members who are just entering into astrological studies. It seems to me that the man who developed that method was 'Gillman' if my memory is correct. His approach first determines whether one was born at night or during the day, then goes on to narrow down the time, sometimes within 10 or 15 minutes of accuracy. His method is an obscure one and not known to many, but has some merit at the minimum. Dave

Minderwiz

I've actually done this a couple of times on this forum. Or at least I've got the date and time (in Univeral Time) and a good estimate of the locality. I used a method very similar to that described by Dave, except that I used a combination of outer planets and Sun placement to narrow down to the year, month and day (the Sun gives the month and day) and then using the Moon to fine tune the time.

To fix the place, it's necessary to have an Ascendant and MC and some good software. There's no real Astrological or Astronomical skill involved in the process, but it helps to have a reasonable appreciation of the cycles, as Dave notes in his post.