Black Obsidian Scrying Ball

Ethereal_Phoenix

I'm thinking about ordering one but I'm worried it won't work as good as Crystal. I heard it could be ''Evil'' as a scrying tool but I've always known it as intensely protective! I also think that the Black Obsidian will seem more like a doorway. Opinions?

kittiann

I have both a quartz ball and a black mirror for scrying (although for me it's more meditation than divination) and they both work fine for me. I think it's silly to classify one color as more 'evil' than other colors. My favorite scrying tool is a honey calcite sphere from therockshed.com; it has so many rainbows and inclusions that are only found in really expensive quartz. Basically, I'd say use whatever you feel comfortable with or that speaks to you.

celticnoodle

I agree--it's silly to assign a color to evil or not. I've also heard that Black Obsidian is a protective crystal. I do not see how it will be evil.

You can use a five and dime mirror to scry with and have great results! it really doesn't matter--its what speaks to you! I have expensive crystal balls and very inexpensive ones. interestingly enough, the cheaper one is the one that works best for me so far! :laugh: don't worry about it. buy it, enjoy it and love it and work with it! if you do this--its sure to be just as good for you! :) good luck! :)

Ethereal_Phoenix

Thank You!

I think it will work wonderfully! :)
Thank you for your opinions and help, I'm much happier knowing I'm not the only modern human who likes Black Obsidian!!

Sulis

I have a black rainbow obsidian sphere and it's my favourite thing to scry in. The 'rainbow' is a flaw that actually looks like an eye; it's gorgeous.

Black stones are protective and they're also very grounding. If I feel jittery at all I hold my obsidian sphere and it calms me down. Black stones are said to absorb negative energy (hence the protectiveness - they won't let the negativity get you).
It's nonsense to think that something is evil just because of it's colour.

When I scry with my black obsidian sphere I actually get what looks like mist floating just above it. It's very good for scrying with.

HearthCricket

I adore obsidian and find it very grounding and protective. I have some obsidian Witches Runes that I love and feel are very warm and inviting to use. I also have a golden sheen obsidian sphere which I love for scrying. The little flecks on it look like the universe and it really helps me reach in the beyond!

Ethereal_Phoenix

HearthCricket- That is GORGEOUS! How big is it? Does the Gold not distract you? Mine's going to be about 98mm.

Sulis- Same question for you! Do you not find the rainbow distracting? I very much enjoy the idea of a protective and grounding stone that's automatically there!

HearthCricket

Mine is about 3.6 inches in diameter. I scry with crystal balls that have rainbow inclusions, clear sections, misty sections and internal planes. They do not bother me at all. In fact for me they help. They help me concentrate and not focus on reflections that I see in a clear obsidian piece. Some people need that clarity, like an empty filmstrip, so the scrying can take place. But I find I do better with a little action going on or I find myself focusing on the reflections of the light above or around me, or images of my furniture or the person I am scrying for. However, I don't like super busy pieces either. I can't scry with a rose quartz sphere, for example, or orange calcite. But a semi transparent amethyst, pale citrine, or even a selenite sphere can be amazing!

Sulis

Ethereal_Phoenix said:
HearthCricket- That is GORGEOUS! How big is it? Does the Gold not distract you? Mine's going to be about 98mm.

Sulis- Same question for you! Do you not find the rainbow distracting? I very much enjoy the idea of a protective and grounding stone that's automatically there!

Hi Ethereal_Phoenix,

My sphere is very clear apart from the one rainbow 'eye' that it has and I the rainbow inclusion in it actually seems to make scrying easier, it's not distracting at all.

Ethereal_Phoenix

HearthCricket said:
Mine is about 3.6 inches in diameter. I scry with crystal balls that have rainbow inclusions, clear sections, misty sections and internal planes. They do not bother me at all. In fact for me they help. They help me concentrate and not focus on reflections that I see in a clear obsidian piece. Some people need that clarity, like an empty filmstrip, so the scrying can take place. But I find I do better with a little action going on or I find myself focusing on the reflections of the light above or around me, or images of my furniture or the person I am scrying for. However, I don't like super busy pieces either. I can't scry with a rose quartz sphere, for example, or orange calcite. But a semi transparent amethyst, pale citrine, or even a selenite sphere can be amazing!

As much as I love the idea of a golden shimmering ball the pure black just looks so much more like a doorway into the unknown. (hoping not to get too far off topic)Are there any tips you have for interpreting?