Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

The Fish 
Citizen

I was wondering then what would the 2 swords REVERSED reveal about what was in someone's heart for someone else?

Old 24-12-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
rwcarter 
student of tarot

Upright, all the twos are about balance. Reversed, I would see the twos as being about imbalance. Swords are about thoughts and the mind. So that leaves either an unbalanced mind or imbalanced thoughts.

As what's in someone's heart, I'd have to say improper thoughts (like a teacher having sexual thoughts about a student or vice versa or having ill will towards another) or having a tainted view of another person because of mental illness or at least an inability/unwillingness to see the other person for who they truly are.

Rodney

Old 24-12-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Ronia 
Citizen

The Two Of Swords is also about achieving a just outcome, a good outcome, a proper one, a just solution of a problem/quarrel/conflict, etc. So, reversed, I'd take it as this ability of the wuerent or their will to be just is absent at the moment thus making the solution impossible and the conflict/difficult situation, etc. remains.
Ronia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Amary 
Citizen

I guess I see this differently; depending on the cards around it, I would generally see the 2 of Swords r. in that respect as an openess and willingness to let someone close to you; going into something with an awareness of the risks and deciding to move forward anyway.

It appears that's just me, though.
Amary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
pasara 
Citizen

To me the 2 of Sw is about when there is no clear choice, it is one way or the other, and no amount of thinking it through or hashing out the pros and cons is going to help. either there are different parties advocating for different things, or you are of two minds, or it is the lesser of two evils, or no matter which choice you make you are going to have some regret about the other. this type of thing. sometimes it is about just keeping everyone at bay for the sake of peace. but no real compromise has been made, it is just that there is a ceasefire at least long enough to think straight and let emotions cool down

The 2 of Sw Rx can mean the ball has been dropped, a direction has been chosen either by you or for you. You are no longer in limbo for better or worse.
pasara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
pasara 
Citizen

Oops got a little side-tracked and didn't apply to it to your question. As far as what is in someone's heart about another, I might think about the 2 of Sw Rx to mean that they have made up their mind about the other person, and may even be stuck in their opinion. What that opinion is would depend on other cards, but what is noticeable to me is that it is a swords card, not a cups, so it has to do with thoughts more than what is living in the heart.
pasara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Debra 
sporadic magic

I'd look at the picture on the card first to see what meanings it evokes. Different decks show it differently.
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today