Buckland Romani - 3 of koshes

Little Owl

Anyone want to discuss this card and get this group restarted ?
Here we see an Autumn sunset reflecting on the water. A man kneels beside a stone wall and he is fishing. He has a basket to put the fish in. Beside him is a horse who is freely munching at the grass. accross the river wee can see a canal boat and another horse who is grazing on the other side of the water.

The keywords given for this card in the book are commerce, trade, cooperation and success in business.

Is he seeking out opportunities by searching for fish ? He is obviously expecting to catch some as he has a basket there ready to put them in. His horse is his companion and perhaps this indicates partnership.
But what about the other horse in the distance and the boat , has anyone got ideas about their meanings?

minrice

I really love the interpretation of this card, it's so peaceful!
For me when this card comes up I tend to read it as the traditional "waiting" meaning, but here it seems to me like "waiting" in a less anxious, and more accepting sense. Waiting for your ship to come in, waiting for that "perfect catch" or, "the big one", or any other fishing analogies!
With this card there is also the added element of actually working for what you want, and not just waiting or resting on your laurels assuming it will come. To me this is how the 3 Wands is often rendered. At least in the RWS, and in the Morgan Greer, is an example of a well dressed person standing on the turret watching and waiting. Not so here! This guy is at work.

Little Owl said:
But what about the other horse in the distance and the boat , has anyone got ideas about their meanings?
I haven't really thought of them before! Don't really know. The water is calm though, adding to the sense of serenity in this card. "Smooth sailing" comes to mind!
The colors and appearance of the sky also beg another question: Is the sun rising...or setting? I think it is rising, as this is still the beginning of the suit.

Dancing Bear

This man is egtting his living off of the water.. maybe hoping to catch more than dinner and sell off the excess, the horse seems relaxed so has done this many times before, he is also relaxed with this man...(i have worked with horses and found them to be skittish if in a new enviroment)
the people accross the river , live on it, the horse accross the way, he is tethered with it..it belongs to the boat. and they have stopped too, maybe for a spot of fishing too ;)

they are sharing the river..

The camp fire in the front of the card and the mans basket indicates optimism on a catch.. he has it ready for dinner about to be caught.

This man to me seems a bit stiff. and kneeling in a position that to me seems a bit anxious maybe.. as a keen fisher myself, you set yourself up in the most comfy position, just in case you have to wait a little longer than you think.. and also it is nice relaxing thing to do.. just sit and watch the ripples on the water.. His knees are going to kill him if he stays like that for too long!! I dont think i would be able to get up after sitting like that for too long LOL!! Does he expect a quick catch? is he expecting too much ? maybe he needs to be a bit more like his horse and relax and be a bit more patient. and also maybe a bit more trusting in the universe on what it has to offer..to me he seems on edge!!