Mary-el Tarot

Ravenswing

:p NAHNANANANAH!!!!

Well , now that THAT'S out I can go on with my excitment. I've known Marie White for some time now; we first met in the Tarot-L group. We both were hooked up to AOL, and wound up many a time discussing all manners of matters. I got to see the Mary-el tarot develop from a demi-urge to a reality. She is truly remarkable.

I have just been gifted with a most wonderous package from her. Wrapped in a scarf, tied with a ribbon. Accompanied by a not-so-little not-so-white booklet... Signed and numbered even..

:laugh: Limited edition majors and aces. :laugh:

They are POWERFUL....

The images on the screen are incredible enough. But to actually hold them... To be able to look at them without squinting... and to see more than one at a time....

The scarf is on my altar-- I will use it to read upon. The cards are safely snuggled in a purple velvet bag with a sphynx and full moon emblazed on it. My channaling crystal sits atop the deck. And the ribbon encircles it.

I am quite honored.

And I'VE GOT IT and you don't (sorry, that just came out!!!! inner child at play again })

Then again, perhaps you too have been blessed by Marie

Can you tell I'm excited????? :D

Thank you once more Marie

fly well
snicker snicker
Raven

Aerin

Gloating is unbecoming ;)

naaaaahhh.... I'm just very very jealous!

I hope the cards eventually get published.

Aerin

darwinia

Oh, it's so tempting but I'm waiting for the full deck. If any major publisher passes on this they're going to regret the money they could have made. I'd be very, very surprised if this wasn't published. And when it does come out in full, it's going to take off and become a classic. No question.

The special edition must be remarkable, I can imagine the WORK involved in creating a single deck. I said that before in the other thread, but it's tedious, time-consuming work to make these by hand and laminate them, cut them etc. She has a lovely lay cloth included too--more work--jeez!

Plus all that fabulous art........

jema

i am absolutely green with envy!!!

but you so deserve that deck, being a top-notch deck designer yourself.

Marie

Raven,

Thank you, but it is nothing compared to what you've given me over the years, and for being one of the few people who actually understands what the heck I'm talking about half the time!

You are a valued friend!

Marie

Strange2

I also received the Mary-el Tarot limited edition set, and in a word they are extraordinary! I'll echo Ravenswing's comments that it's an exciting feeling to hold the physical cards in your hands after gazing upon them virtually on the web, longing to see them take physical form.

The card images are vibrant and incredibly clear. It's like having smaller versions of the actual paintings in your hands. The booklet that comes with the limited edition provides wonderful insights into both the card images and the creative process behind them.

You can read me about the Mary-el Tarot limited edition set here:

http://www.mary-el.com/le.html

The Mary-el Tarot is truly an inspiring labor of love. For those of you who have created Tarot cards and/or have that personal deck inside of you waiting to take form, the Mary-el tarot is an inspiration to continue the creative work, and like the Hermit, let your vision shine.

Attachments

• hermit_mary-el.jpg
    hermit_mary-el.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 194

skytwig

Thank you, Marie. We've been longing for a deck like yours!

But I also want a deck made by Sophie. She already has quite and understanding of the cards! Any possibility? (hope you say yes.....)

;) skytwig

Marie

Hi Skytwig,

Wellllll, I've been thinking about that one ( a Sophie deck). It's probably a long way off, but I was thinking that maybe I could make a downloadable pdf version that people could print themselves, or I could make a copy if they couldn't for some reason. It would be a lot easier if it was only black and white. And I know she still wants to do the minors- so it will be a full deck.
I told her someone asked about it and she got all excited:) She is really into it.

:)Marie

Aerin

OK, I cracked. I couldn't resist, I've loved these cards for so long.

I ordered a deck a couple of days ago, it'll be interesting to see which number I'll get. I think it's great that the shipping is at cost, whatever that'll be I know it will be fair. As it's printed material I'll keep my fingers crossed about customs.

I blame all you guys :D

Aerin

Mimers

Marie,

The cards I have seen so far are so beautiful! I am in awe. My birthday is coming up this summer so I will have to put in a plea to my sisters. I have already emailed them with a link to your site :)

I am wondering if you plan to complete the deck with the minors? I would love to see a complete deck published.

Congratulations Marie! I also must add that the price you are asking for the deck is more than resonable considering the work that has gone into it.

Thank you!
Mimers