Greenwood Tarot 10 of Wands - Responsibility

Mi-Shell

From Chesca's notes:
The Tens
Major arcana: The Shaman. Position on wheel: centre right.

Ten of Wands: Responsibility

A person struggles across the ice, carrying logs home. A feeling of being burdened, weighed down by the responsibility of work or caring for others. Try to delegate and lay down

Attachments

• Ten of wands AT.jpg
    Ten of wands AT.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 118

Mi-Shell

Now, this is one of the least enticing cards of the deck - for me it is just tooooo Tarot!
But that is just it!
After ENLIGHTENMENT -
Chop wood and fetch water!
And that is just what this person is doing.life is a ot od hard work and drudgery - we have to always remember to see the miraculous in / during all the daily routine chores. the Moon,right above our home, the milllllions of sparkling Stars on a cold night. Brothers and Sisters of Mother Earth.
And we are soooo small and insignificant in our struggle. The tent poles the person is carrying are a bright green. = there are lessons to learn: About responsibility, moderation, humility and balance......
The sticks: There are 10 of them! What does each of them represent to you?
They cast a shadow - on what Chesca tells us is ice.... What are our 10 shadows?
What are the shadows you sense in your sitter, which of these staffs is about to slip from his/ her grasp?
Our Fire is there too.
A Fire on Ice????
Is this a situation of Fire and Ice?
Is this person / sitter camping out on thin Ice = dangerous ground?
= Is the home situation save? - and stable? Or has she not noticed problems - with all her burdens??
The waning Moon and one Star reflecting in the black Ice ?? = Is there a sick person in the tent? From the tent there comes an inviting warm glow.
Home is where the heart is and all the hard work is well worth it!

Bat Chicken

I like the idea of cards promoting the asking of certain questions as you have pointed out here. I am going to look at my cards and see what questions they ask... In this sense, the card is a 'teacher', as you are!

BodhiSeed

The waning moon really stands out for me in this card, and makes me ask:
What is waning? Her patience? Has she finally had enough of taking care of others' obligations that aren't hers? Is she tired of carrying baggage that doesn't belong to her? Is it her energy and loyalty that is waning? Is this a tap on the shoulder to take care of herself while she cares for others?

Or perhaps, as Mi-shell suggested, there is a sick person in the tent. Does the waning moon mean they will soon get better and be able to perform there own duties themselves (or allow her to focus on fewer tasks)? Perhaps spring is around the corner, when the struggle to survive won't be as much as a struggle...