Minchiate Planetary Rulership Pattern

firecatpickles

One of the most daunting things about the Minchiate are the zodiac cards, especially for those of us who don't know everything about astrology! But there may be another use for these cards.

At first glance, the 12 Minchiate zodiac cards appear not to have a pattern.

Upon closer inspection, one finds a planetary rulership pattern, of sorts:

24. Libra/Venus ******* 25. Virgo/Mercury ********26. Aries/Mars ****** 27. Scorpio/Mars
28. Capricorn/Saturn * 29. Sagittarius/Jupiter ***30. Cancer/Moon ** 31. Pisces/Jupiter
32. Aquarius/Saturn ***33. Leo/Sun ***************34. Taurus/Venus ** 35. Gemini/Mercury

Not only can these associations add a little spice to my readings, they are also a good mnemonic device for memorizing the rulerships.

firecatpickles

Minderwiz said:
[from here) The main concept to grasp here is that Signs for the traditional Astrologer are nothing like the modern signs - they are not 12 personality descriptions and should not be treated as such.

This is such an excellent quote, and apropos to this pattern, that I had to cross post it here. [I hope it's okay.]

Since the planets, and not the signs themselves have a pattern, it follows that one should be looking at the planetary meanings as much as, if not in place of, the more modern astrology "personality traits" interpretation of these cards.

Bernice

Fire Cat said:
.......<post by minderwiz......(is) apropos to this pattern>

Since the planets, and not the signs themselves have a pattern, it follows that one should be looking at the planetary meanings as much as, if not in place of, the more modern astrology "personality traits" interpretation of these cards.
I'm in full agreement Fire cat. It's the planets that are Real, not the zodiac signs. And as you say, very apropos to the Minchiate cards.

This is information that some people may need to know - especially as we've all grown up in a climate that boosts 'modern' ideas about the importance of the Zodiac.

Bee :)