Crystals for "strategic communication"?

Yvresse

From what I have read online, blue crystals such as Kyanite, Blue Lace Agate, Lapis Lazuli, Azure Aura, etc. are linked to the throat chakra, and can help you develop your communication skills, but, especially with self-expression.

One problem I'm having at work right now, and maybe it's because I am just new to office culture in general, isn't really self-expression, but knowing what not/to say and when.

I probably do have some problems linked the throat chakra in general, if what one website says is true (and I've forgoten the link :(): I swing from too much confidence and too little self-esteem, signs of having too much, or too little "blue". However, I am hoping to find something more specific to help with "strategic communication".

For example, I tend to like to make sure that people get as much of the facts as possible (something that I have learnt is not always appreciated). It's not that I'm a "big mouth", though I sometimes over-talkative with people I am close to, which can get annoying (I plan to fix this problem too, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!). It's more like, yeah, I've given them all the facts, but actually, if I hadn't mentioned that, it wouldn't have hurt anyone, and I/another unfortunate colleague wouldn't have been assigned with that much more work either.

Another example would be where I feel strongly that something ought to be done, and am sure it won't affect anyone negatively, but out of respect and to keep a colleague/supervisor updated, I "let them know", and they instead insist strongly that I not do that.

MCsea

IMHO

Crystal Hint for Positive Communication: Rhodonite, Selenite, Clear
Quartz, Tourmaline. These crystals promote individuality while connecting
you safely to the environment around you. Clear Quartz in particular dispels
self illusion, silencing your inner critic.

Turquoise Dalmatian Stone, Tanzanite for Communication and comprehension

I wish you very well in your job - but I agree it takes a long time to feel at ease with office poltics.. hmm

MARINA

Le Fanu

Obsidian is also one of the stones connected to the throat. Good luck in your job! I have found that Obsidian gives me such a calmness and grounding that I can deal with anything!

Yvresse

Thanks Marina, Le Fanu!

It's interesting that you mention clear quartz, Marina; I've always thought of it as a "general" stone that can amplify the energies of anything. But I have a piece of clear quartz that I like very much (it's been through a lot with me). Not sure why I hadn't thought of it!

I hadn't heard of blue obsidian before, though I love black stones, and having a stone working with the throat chakra and having the properties of black obsidian sounds like what I need!

It really is a pain having to worry about the words to use, so I'm really keen on teaching myself how to deal. With some help from the stones...aaaand I'm off for a shopping trip~ ;)

MCsea

Any excuse to go crystal shopping is a good excuse..

I often use mirrors in my work place - a small mirror pointing in the direction of the main 'issues' helps reflect and dissipate my involvement with 'politics' it may help for you too?

Mine is a tile 1cm by 1cm... I work with it hourly!

good luck

MARINA

Yvresse

Hmm, I have to say that I am slightly averse to mirrors (except of course, when I need them for makeup or checking if the stray tomato sauce from lunch is still on my face :p), so that probably won't work so well for me. Thanks for the suggestion though! I went to a gemstone/crystal store today and got a blue quartz, and an apatite. I am very happy with them both!

MCsea

Yvresse said:
Hmm, I have to say that I am slightly averse to mirrors (except of course, when I need them for makeup or checking if the stray tomato sauce from lunch is still on my face :p), so that probably won't work so well for me. Thanks for the suggestion though! I went to a gemstone/crystal store today and got a blue quartz, and an apatite. I am very happy with them both!

Oh I LOVE crystal shopping - the blue quartz and apatite sound awesome ;)