stone changing colors

jfiallo0982

Good evening!

Im very curious because I bought a amethyst stone that was very light in color and the tip was almost white, now the light part is a very dark purple and the white part looks pink, is this normal??
One time at a store I took one in my hand and after a couple of minutes it got darker.
what does that mean?

Blue Crow

Hi jfiallo0982

That is curious, the only reason that i can possibly think of is heat caused the amethyst to change colour.

Sorry i don't know any other reasons hopefully someone else might know.

minrice

How odd, the lighting maybe? Or maybe it isn't amethyst? How curious, I jabe no idea!

saleeneh

Hi I posted here before

On this same thing! I found an amethyst ring and this happened to me too.. I believe it has something to do with heat and energy (they are the same thing) the more it absorbs the darker it gets.. doesnt make sense but.. just for kicks. Look at your amethyst before you do a reading and after??? when I wear that ring there is a big difference... like it turns the shade of this background here when I do a reading, then during the day it goes back to see thru..

jfiallo0982

I thought it was my body heat but the stone is cool to the touch.
thanks for your answers!!

ncharge

This happens with stones that have been in your company for a while. They react to the environment and grow and change. I've seen them get cloudier, develop rainbows, change color, and change shape. In fact, my husband (who really isn't "into" crystals at all) is really freaked out at one of my stones because he swears it looks like a completely different crystal every time he enters the room. It sounds like your crystals are very happy. Have you cleansed it lately?

By the way, egyptian turquoise changes color quickly when people touch it. The egyptians used it as a lie detector - if it got darker, you were lying. I don't think the color change indicates lies, but it definitely is fun to watch. I have some beads that are nearly white with blue speckles. Some people don't change the color at all, but usually they get slightly paler or slightly bluer. But one friend turned the stones lavender! It was wonderful.

peaceandkarma

I've have a similar experience with a rought Amethyst Crystal I have. Everytime I look at it it seems slightly different. Its like it has its own personality.

Briar Rose

About 3 years ago I posted a thread how a woman where I work took my Amethyst, so that I would see it missing when I got to work. She was holding it in her hot little hands. When she opened her fist, my amethyst was drained of all it's color. I had to run it under water, and nuture it back to health.

celticnoodle

:bugeyed: WOW, Briar Rose!

first of all, that was awful of your co-worker. secondly, I recall a thread here long ago speaking of how amethysts lose their color when the person using/holding it requires some of its properties, but that the color will come back, not always to its fullest colors though.

I hope yours has recovered fully and wonder if it was drained due to stress on her part, fear perhaps of making you angry but still doing this 'trick' by taking it in the first place? I think I'd have to take my amethyst home though and not allow it or any stone I care about stay at work.

I imagine if it gets darker in color, this would be an indication of a happy stone, as already mentioned here. positive results with it and such. I'll have to pay more attention to my amethysts, as I have one that is a rough set of amethyst stones together, that I keep with my reading deck. I also set it on the table when I am doing a reading, or sometimes I feel the need to hold it in my hands while my client is shuffling. generally when they are very strong personalities.

Dusk Till Dawn

I have an Amethyst Wand Pendant, and when the Tip get's white, they say, that the person in front of you is a liar. Sometimes the Tip gets very Dark, and it does change to white sometimes.