The Book of the Law Study Group 2.31

Always Wondering

From Crowley's New Comment.

Power should indeed be absolutely unconscious.

This seams at first to fly in the face of awareness. So I suppose I am mixing the planes/aspects. Help me out here. Is absolute unconsciousness pure intuition or something else?

AW

thorhammer

Perhaps consciousness is what sullies awareness?

\m/ Kat

Grigori

i'm understanding this line by comparing it to the former one. The last seems to say that if Will asks why then Will does nothing, and this one if Power asks why then Power is weakness. I'm seeing Power as a car, and Will as the driver. If the driver stops to ask why then neither goes anywhere, but if the driver says to go fast and the car asks "why?" then there is still direction, but its weakly. The driver doesn't need to know why the car works, or how. He just says go, and the workings of the engine can remain unconcious.

Maybe also there is a warning about focussing on power for its own sake. Perhaps powers' job is to be in service of Will, rather than moving consciousness to the Power itself, which makes you a slave to it.

Always Wondering

Awe, thanks guys. It's a good thing there are several verses for this why/because thing. I think it must important then and just when I think I understand I read Crowley. :laugh:
I like the analogy of a car and driver. I was thinking of the Chariot and his wayward beings, but that was what got me wondering what was what. I had the thought of the charioteer powering on completely unconscious. The truth is it reminded me of Shirley McClaine barreling down the mountain in her car with her eyes closed in Out On a Limb. :|
So I figured I was out on one myself. :laugh:

Certainly I can drive my car without outstanding how it works.

Thanks.

AW

thorhammer

The introduction of the Charioteer, implied or otherwise, has really kicked my imagination off, guys.

I got the Shining Woman Tarot in the mail a couple of days ago and wanted to do something meaty with it, so I asked about the distinction between awareness and consciousness tonight. My answers were mind-boggling; sadly it's too late to keep going, but I wondered if anyone would be interested, were I to post them in the Your Readings section of the forums?

\m/ Kat

Always Wondering

I would love that Kat.

AW

Yygdrasilian

De Lego Libellum

AC: Little Essays Toward Truth said:
IV
. Of Light
"I pray you, be patient with me in that which I shall write concerning Light: for here is a difficulty, ever increasing, in the use of words. Moreover, I am myself carried away constantly and overwhelmed by the sublimity of this matter, so that plain speech may whirl into lyric, when I would plod peaceably with didactic, expression. My best hope is that you may understand by virtue of the sympathy of your intuition, even as two lovers may converse in language as unintelligible to others as it seemeth silly, wanton, and dull, or as in that other intoxication given by Ether the partakers commune with infinite wit, or wisdom, as the mood taketh them, by means of a word or a gesture, being initiated to apprehension by the subtlety of the drug. So may I that am inflamed with love of this Light, and drunken on the wine Ethereal of this Light, communicate not so much with your reason and intelligence, but with that principle hidden in yourself which is ready to partake with me. Even so may man and woman become mad with love, no word being spoken between them, because of the induction (as it were) of their souls. And your understanding will depend upon your ripeness for perception of my Truth. Moreover, if so be that Light in you be ready to break forth, then Light will interpret to you these dark words in the language of Light, even as a string inanimate, duly adjusted, will vibrate to its peculiar tone, struck on another cord. Read, therefore, not only with the eye and brain, but with the rhythm of that Life which you have attained by your Will to Love quickened to dancing measure by these words, which are the movements of the wand of my Will to Love, and so to enkindle your Life to Light."
The paradox of duality allows for our perception of Time in a linear path.

At the threshold of their dance, these Lovers offer passage to awareness as it coincides with Knowledge of Time in HigHer dimensions - Kronos returns: a cycle viewed from its side, appearing to Fall & then Rise.

231 x11 ≈ π

Always Wondering

Grigori said:
i'm understanding this line by comparing it to the former one. The last seems to say that if Will asks why then Will does nothing, and this one if Power asks why then Power is weakness. I'm seeing Power as a car, and Will as the driver. If the driver stops to ask why then neither goes anywhere, but if the driver says to go fast and the car asks "why?" then there is still direction, but its weakly. The driver doesn't need to know why the car works, or how. He just says go, and the workings of the engine can remain unconcious.

Maybe also there is a warning about focussing on power for its own sake. Perhaps powers' job is to be in service of Will, rather than moving consciousness to the Power itself, which makes you a slave to it.

ProfessorX got me looking at the Book of Lies again and I saw this quote that reminded me of your thoughts on this verse, Grigori.

Mind is a disease of semen.
All that a man is or may be is hidden therein.
Bodily functions are parts of the machine; silent,
unless in dis-ease.
But mind, never at ease, creaketh "I".
This I persisteth not, posteth not through genera-
tions, changeth momently, finally is dead.
Therefore is man only himself when lost to himself
in The Charioting.

AW