Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Asherah Tarot, originally the Sarah Magdalene Tarot

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation

Citizen

irmata 
Citizen

That is a magnificent Sun! Your use of so much green is an inspired choice - it's not as "hot" as a lot of Sun cards. It's supposed to be a happyhapyjoyjoy card, but I so often feel more of an oppressive atmosphere than anything related to awakenings and new life. All the green though - _that's_ new life! Verdant, that's the word You've definitely got something good going here; the Muses are strong with you!

p.s. Aah, the southern winter sun. Soooo warm and comforting, not like its burny summer cousin I miss that warmth.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #31
Citizen

Ashtaroot 
Citizen

very nice very nice
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #32
Citizen

callistoluna 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by irmata
That is a magnificent Sun! Your use of so much green is an inspired choice - it's not as "hot" as a lot of Sun cards. It's supposed to be a happyhapyjoyjoy card, but I so often feel more of an oppressive atmosphere than anything related to awakenings and new life. All the green though - _that's_ new life! Verdant, that's the word You've definitely got something good going here; the Muses are strong with you!

p.s. Aah, the southern winter sun. Soooo warm and comforting, not like its burny summer cousin I miss that warmth.

The Aussie Summer sun gets really unforgiving! But as you say, the winter sun on a nice day is beautiful. In the dead of winter, between all the cold and grey, one day out comes the sun and immediately your spirits are lifted by just how beautiful the day is because of the gentle touch of the winter sun. Too much sun equals sunburn - a little is essential to health!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #33
Golden Silvery Dionna

Alta 
Golden Silvery Dionna

I often find the Sun card in decks to be rather uninspired but you have gotten the essence of it here. I feel very connected to the Sun cad in tarot, possibly because of being born on the 19th, and this is one of the best ones. I loved the accompanying text too. Well done.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #34
Resident

salamandrina 
Resident

Thank you all!

I just paint what is around me...it is SO very green and lush here through out the year, with something always flowering even in the coldest months. Even here in the city I am surrounded by rain forest trees and wild creatures. The colours here are very much the colours of the SUN card.

And the joy! Maybe you need to feel it to be able to paint it. Very much thanks to my dearest muse who is so kind to me. I always do what she tells me, and then she sends me signs that I am on the right path which is all very strange and wonderful. If these cards can heal others in the way they have healed me, then I will be overcome with joy.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #35
Resident

salamandrina 
Resident
Lust drawing

http://flyingfox.vox.com/library/post/lust-drawing.html

Muse has sent me a new card!
Still very much in progress. The drawing is not even finished, but it's the full moon so I am inspired to share.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #36
Resident

salamandrina 
Resident
Princess of Wands

http://flyingfox.vox.com/library/pos...-of-wands.html

Ahhh this one is scary!
I hope she will give me some courage.

Link to all of them again:
http://flyingfox.vox.com/library/posts/tags/tarot/
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #37
Citizen

MareSaturni 
Citizen

Salamandrina, your deck is really really gorgeous! I'd definitely buy it if it was ever printed!

But I was going to suggest... sorry if I sound nosy... that you put some copyright watermark on the cards before sharing the pictures. I know it doesn't look nice, but you don't want your deck being printed without your permission, and it has happened before to artists like Kat Black and even the Baba Studio...

I don't know, it's just a way to keep your art safer...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #38
Resident

salamandrina 
Resident

I have put a small watermark on them all....perhaps it is too subtle? :/
I do hate doing it but you are probably absolutely right that it should be larger and more obvious.
*sighs*
I suppose it is naive to imagine the cards would strike plagiarists dead if they tried to steal them. Hahaha but honestly I wouldn't be surprised.

Altogether I do need to be much more professional about the whole thing.
Thanks for the advice!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #39
Citizen

callistoluna 
Citizen

Salamandrina, if someone tries to take your work and claim it as their own then what can you do? It is unfortunate that there are rules in place to protect you but like other areas in life, plagiarism is rife. I for one am happy to wait for the real thing (yours!) because you deserve the accord for this work - you are wonderfully gifted. keep it up!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #40

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.