Lo Scarabeo Tarot ~ The High Priestess

hopena

A pillar borders each side of this card. A dark blue sky is in the background, holding a large, white full moon (about to be eclipsed?). Here, I see that the Moon is the astrological sign that she represents, and her colour is white... the colours blue and white, dominate this card.

The High Priestess is a young, dark-haired woman, sitting on a beautiful, shiny throne, that looks to have lilies carved into it.

From MystiqueMoonlight, once again:

The fruit and flowers are representative of the fertile mindfulness within your deepest self. That Intuitive and responsible self which grows fertile.
(here)

I don't see anything separating the sky from the ground in the background, but one of her bare feet rests on blue ground. There appears to be a pool of calm water in front of her, reflecting her throne and part of her dress.

She holds a scroll in her right hand, in her lap; she's looking into a mirror that she holds in her right hand. Her headdress is a horned diadem ... (thank you, Pictorial Key to the Tarot). It cups a crystal ball, that she can look into as she gazes into the mirror. I suppose this reflects the fact that she holds the answers inside of her... she has more of a calm confidence to her, compared to that of the Magician.

Keywords are Intuition and Assumption (the latter being in italics, as the shadow side of the card).

zephyr_heart

hopena said:
I don't see anything separating the sky from the ground in the background, but one of her bare feet rests on blue ground. There appears to be a pool of calm water in front of her, reflecting her throne and part of her dress.

And I thought that she was levitating on the air! Now this makes more sense!

ETA link to the image http://www.albideuter.de/html/lo_scarabeo_2.html

Queen of Disks

I still think she is levitating!

It would make sense, since the things she is concerned with (spirituality, secrets, etc) can be quite otherworldly and not of this earth.

zephyr_heart

Queen of Disks said:
I still think she is levitating!
Interesting! You thought so too, huh?

hopena

I thought she was levitating, at first - because I could see no break between the sky and the ground - but then it looked to me, as though her foot was resting on something. :)

*edit. For some reason, the images are no longer showing up for me on the site that zephyr linked to.

zephyr_heart

Oh sorry, hopena. My mistake. I've fixed it now.