Advice on what stone to carry for a wedding?

Lula Jing

Hi there,

I'm going to be a witness at my sister's wedding in April and whilst I don't know too much about crystals, I believe in their energies and that they can help in certain situations.

I'd like to carry something that will help me to carry out my 'duties' to the best of my ability but not that I become so rigid that I completely forget to have a good time! :D

Any thoughts?

LJ

celticnoodle

The Diamond is widely known as the 'love' stone-which is why it is the number one stone used when becoming engaged to be married.

it symbolizes peace, fidelity, and serenity. and, the reason it is worn on the third finger of the left hand, is because of the vein that runs directly to the the heart.

other stones to consider however could be:
rose quartz--one of my favorite stones! it is known as the crystal of love also. it can bring unfailing loyalty in love, and long term relationships. it is a calming stone in nearly any situation and is one that brings peace. a very good stone too, to calm your nerves, if you are anxious. might be a good one to consider!

a moonstone. a very pretty stone that is suppose to stimulate love and happiness. it is also known to protect the love you have between yourself and your partner. is especially good for the people born under the sign of Cancer.

Opal is another great stone, as it stimulates love and passion. another beautiful stone too.

sapphire--is suppose to be a lucky stone, and is also a good choice and one that is given often as an engagement ring. it is known to keep a marriage happy and also symbolizes faithfulness.

aquamarine symbolizes honesty and loyalty and can ensure a long, happy marriage.

garnet symbolizes faith, honesty, grace, loyalty and fidelity. it is also known as the passion stone.

ruby-symbolizing success, devotion and the passion and promise of love.

there are, I'm sure countless more. perhaps picking a few of these and putting them into a little silk purse that you can attach to your wedding dress would be nice.

I would suggest you find a crystal and gem book or information online and find what you like to include on your wedding day.

Congratulations! :)

Chronata

Rose Quartz...absolutely!

Calming, relaxing, will enhance your feelings of love and support, and will let you have fun as well!

Lula Jing

celticnoodle said:
I would suggest you find a crystal and gem book or information online and find what you like to include on your wedding day.

Congratulations! :)
Hi celticnoodle! It's actually my sister that is getting married.... unless you already know something I don't! :D

However, you've made loads of great suggestions there! I want the day to be as happy and joyful as possible, and even though I might be a bit nervous about being her witness I want to enjoy it all too.

I do have a chunky heart-shaped peice of rose quartz that I could pop into my bag and might add a few others just for extra good luck and positive energy on this special day.

Thank you so much for all of these great suggestions.

Lula :)

Lula Jing

Chronata said:
Rose Quartz...absolutely!

Calming, relaxing, will enhance your feelings of love and support, and will let you have fun as well!
Well, that settles it then! :D

Storm82

diamond, rose quartz or rock crystal

Lula Jing

Storm82 said:
diamond, rose quartz or rock crystal
Well, I think a diamond is out! I don't have any.... wah! :(

But I do have rose quartz, and I could add a rock crystal or three...

Thank you! :)

sunstallion

Lula Jing said:
Hi there,

I'm going to be a witness at my sister's wedding in April and whilst I don't know too much about crystals, I believe in their energies and that they can help in certain situations.

I'd like to carry something that will help me to carry out my 'duties' to the best of my ability but not that I become so rigid that I completely forget to have a good time! :D

Any thoughts?

LJ

Clear quartz-I heard clear quartz is the king of all stones.

Or Rose quartz because rose quartz is for love. If you go with your boyfriend, or your male mate then rose quartz could strengthen your friendship right there or even make it a romantic night for you.

Lula Jing

sunstallion said:
Clear quartz-I heard clear quartz is the king of all stones.
Well, I might just have to drop one of those in...

Or Rose quartz because rose quartz is for love. If you go with your boyfriend, or your male mate then rose quartz could strengthen your friendship right there or even make it a romantic night for you.
I don't have a date for the wedding :( BUT - a rose quartz could make it a nice day for me too - woohoo! ;)

OmSeaweed

Rose quartz (for the reasons listed above)

Rutilated quartz: It brings forth each person's strengths, originality, aids sleep, relate to others. It;s soothing.

Amethyst (yet another type of quartz!): Amethyst brings friends, which is fantastic when you have people coming out of the woodwork just because they like you and want to help you.

And Moonstone--It'll keep you from feeling overwhelmed.

...and, non-crystal related, having a nice cup of herbal tea (the store brands I can think of are Celestial Seasoning's Tension Tamer or Yogi's Stress formula with a good dash of honey, which is calming/relaxing in itself) will calm your nerves and you'll breeze right through the wedding with the gentle grace of Audrey Hepburn :)

Have fun at the wedding (and remember to save some cake for under your pillow, that is, if you're looking for someone special)