Going with the floww...

seeker7

Hi! Me again :D!

I have a problem with letting go of things, people, situations and so on and many times I tried to resist fate and tried to control it but it's done nothing but give me more pain and confusion!!... It was only last night I came to acknowledge this and I just came across this spread : http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2233415#post2233415 , randomly, and it was JUST what I needed!

Can someone help me with my interpretation and see if I missed anything out! I did it mainly focusing on this situation with a guy I like, but the more I focused the more generally I was thinking, so I think this spread speaks about other aspects of my life too...I use RWS with no reversals (still learning!)

1. Me in my current situation - Temperance

It could be me trying to find my inner balance, trying to find the balance between my free will and fate. Learning to re-gain calmness and patience.

2. What waters am I currently floating in? - Hierophant

Me wanting to figure out what is right and wrong. Being suomped with advice and trying to make sense of it all.

3. Why am I on this present course? - The Fool

To help me find the right direction, because the way I was going I was heading for a major fall..the little white dog being my inner guidance wanting me to open my eyes. Also to prepare me for a new journey, new cycle in my life. (Not sure how many of you follow numerology, but I am starting a new 9 year cycle this year)

In order to flow with whatever is happening...
4. What do I need to let go of? - 9 of Swords

My proneness to depression and over-reacting. I need to let go of all negative thoughts and ideas and pain from my past, I need to break out of this negative cycle I trapped myself into.

5. What do I need to stop resisting? - Wheel of Fortune

lol..speaks for itself! I need to stop resisting fate and the lessons that come with it!!

6. What do I need to accept? - 8 of Swords

Funny enough, this guy I like once told me, the only thing stopping you from yourself is yourself!...and I think that describes 8 of Swords perfectly.. I am the one who trapped myself in this negative pattern and I am the only one who can break myself free.

7. What direction are things flowing naturally? - Hanged Man

Gaining new perspectives in life, learning to see things from different angles. Some halt in movement, but only to help clear the mind first.

8. What will help me to go with the flow? - 10 of Swords

Learn to accept when over means over, learn to let go and know that the worst is over.

9. What will hinder me in my desire to go with the flow? - 8 of Wands

My need for action, my lack of patience and my want for communication and contact with him as well.

The Undercurrent
10 (which is the bottom card of the deck). What is the constant, underlying force influencing all of these aspects? - 6 of Cups

I have been told that me and this guy have shared past lives together, so maybe we both recognized each-other subconciously and that could be the reason we are drawn towards each-other but can find no logical sense behind it. So it could be our past life connection perhaps.

Shadow cards was 6 of Swords...again made ma laugh... I saw this as going with the flow, no matter how hard it may be and despite the fact I don't know where I'm heading, I should trust myself and go with the flow, because regardless of all, it will lead me to calmer waters! :)

Any insight into this would be much much appreciated!

Thank you!! :)

queenxofxwands

1. Me in my current situation - Temperance : Trying to work out how to go with the flow

2. What waters am I currently floating in? - Hierophant : Stagnant, this guy doesn't budge

3. Why am I on this present course? - The Fool : To learn how to go with the flow, that's how the fool lives

4. What do I need to let go of? - 9 of Swords : Thinking about it, when you think, you sink :)

5. What do I need to stop resisting? - Wheel of Fortune : GOING WITH THE FLOW lol sorry, wow i cant believe these cards, so pointed!

6. What do I need to accept? - 8 of Swords : ummm... you're not going with the flow?

7. What direction are things flowing naturally? - Hanged Man : complete surrender lol, you will be going with the flow whether you like it or not :)

8. What will help me to go with the flow? - 10 of Swords : realising that resistance is futile

9. What will hinder me in my desire to go with the flow? - 8 of Wands : you dont think it sounds as exciting as hanging on ;)

underlying force influencing all of these aspects? - 6 of Cups : you gotta leave all those lovely cups behind

seeker7

queenxofxwands said:
1. Me in my current situation - Temperance : Trying to work out how to go with the flow

2. What waters am I currently floating in? - Hierophant : Stagnant, this guy doesn't budge

3. Why am I on this present course? - The Fool : To learn how to go with the flow, that's how the fool lives

4. What do I need to let go of? - 9 of Swords : Thinking about it, when you think, you sink :)

5. What do I need to stop resisting? - Wheel of Fortune : GOING WITH THE FLOW lol sorry, wow i cant believe these cards, so pointed!

6. What do I need to accept? - 8 of Swords : ummm... you're not going with the flow?

7. What direction are things flowing naturally? - Hanged Man : complete surrender lol, you will be going with the flow whether you like it or not :)

8. What will help me to go with the flow? - 10 of Swords : realising that resistance is futile

9. What will hinder me in my desire to go with the flow? - 8 of Wands : you dont think it sounds as exciting as hanging on ;)

underlying force influencing all of these aspects? - 6 of Cups : you gotta leave all those lovely cups behind

hahah!! You made me laugh!...Yes that's what I thought!..soo to the point!! Maybe the cards got too excited that I finally came to this realisation!..:) ... guess I have no choice..the 8 of Wands makes sense also...I do not think it's fun to just let things flow..I need to be more involved :p..and those Cups are too sweet and cute :(!!lol!

Thank you :)!

butterfly4868

1. Me in my current situation - Temperance

I would agree that you're trying to find balance in your life and perhaps in your situation with your guy.

2. What waters am I currently floating in? - Hierophant

You're currently floating in waters from which you'll learn a lesson.

3. Why am I on this present course? - The Fool

It's a new journey from which you'll learn that lesson.

In order to flow with whatever is happening...
4. What do I need to let go of? - 9 of Swords

You need to quit worrying about everything. Some things are simply out of your control. Others simply don't deserve to be occupying your thoughts.

5. What do I need to stop resisting? - Wheel of Fortune

Fate. People and situations come and go from your life for a reason. Some things just run their course.

6. What do I need to accept? - 8 of Swords

You're the one holding yourself back. You can't let this stuff go because of you.

7. What direction are things flowing naturally? - Hanged Man

I'd say you're gaining a new perspective on life, seeing as you've just realized that holding onto everything is doing you no good.

8. What will help me to go with the flow? - 10 of Swords

I agree, what's done is done and there isn't anything you can do to bring it back, so just let it go.

9. What will hinder me in my desire to go with the flow? - 8 of Wands

Perhaps you want things to move more quickly? You don't want to wait and let things take their natural course.

The Undercurrent
10 (which is the bottom card of the deck). What is the constant, underlying force influencing all of these aspects? - 6 of Cups

The past! It's the theme of the reading, you can't let it go.

Shadow cards was 6 of Swords...Given that the reading positions all are water related, getting this card is really ironic! I'd say that yeah, going with the flow, but also leaving your past behind and moving into a more peaceful period of your life.

seeker7

Hi Butterfly!

Thank you, your take on it makes perfect sense, and I'm glad most of your interpretations match mine! :)!...
I thought that the 6 of Swords could also mean that this is a 'transitional' period for me and the worst is over (10 of Swords), I'm gaining new perspectives (hanged man) and that i should let fate (wheel of fortune) lead me to calmer waters and new beginings (the Fool)...hmm!!I like this spread...I think it's the only one I ever felt was so on the spot!

Thanks for your input! :)

seeker7

Hi Butterfly!

Thank you, your take on it makes perfect sense, and I'm glad most of your interpretations match mine! :)!...
I thought that the 6 of Swords could also mean that this is a 'transitional' period for me and the worst is over (10 of Swords), I'm gaining new perspectives (hanged man) and that i should let fate (wheel of fortune) lead me to calmer waters and new beginings (the Fool)...hmm!!I like this spread...I think it's the only one I ever felt was so on the spot!

Thanks for your input! :)

willowfox

1. Me in my current situation - Temperance : Trying to find balance in your life, avoiding extremism.

2. What waters am I currently floating in? - Hierophant False beliefs.

3. Why am I on this present course? - The Fool : Somethings you just have to come out of your shell and throw caution to the wind.

4. What do I need to let go of? - 9 of Swords : Worry.

5. What do I need to stop resisting? - Wheel of Fortune : Fate.

6. What do I need to accept? - 8 of Swords : You need to realize that you will never be as free as you would like to be as that just isn't possible.

7. What direction are things flowing naturally? - Hanged Man : You will change when you learn.

8. What will help me to go with the flow? - 10 of Swords : Stop resisting.

9. What will hinder me in my desire to go with the flow? - 8 of Wands Trying to fly before you can walk.

seeker7

willowfox said:
1. Me in my current situation - Temperance : Trying to find balance in your life, avoiding extremism.
Yes..avoiding extremism fits perfectly... I tend to over-react a lot so I'm trying to put a stop to that!

willowfox said:
2. What waters am I currently floating in? - Hierophant False beliefs.
.... interesting!..Could it also be bad/false advice?

willowfox said:
3. Why am I on this present course? - The Fool : Somethings you just have to come out of your shell and throw caution to the wind.
easier said than done, but yes, that is one thing I need to focus on.

willowfox said:
4. What do I need to let go of? - 9 of Swords : Worry.
yep!...again easier said than done for me, but it's true!

willowfox said:
6. What do I need to accept? - 8 of Swords : You need to realize that you will never be as free as you would like to be as that just isn't possible.
... yes I guess I have two extreme ideas of freedom and being trapped...links with the Temperance card, trying to find the right balance!

willowfox said:
7. What direction are things flowing naturally? - Hanged Man : You will change when you learn.
hope it's soon!!

willowfox said:
8. What will help me to go with the flow? - 10 of Swords : Stop resisting.
... yep seems like resisting is a lost cause for me!

willowfox said:
9. What will hinder me in my desire to go with the flow? - 8 of Wands Trying to fly before you can walk.
... I like you're take on this one!!..and yes it could well be that!Clearly need to slow down in many ways!!

Thanks Willowfox :)