which planets indicate a likely early marriage?

olivia1

hi all,

which planetary alignments do you usually find in the charts of individuals who typically end up marrying at an early age (in their 20s and below)? when i was new to astrology, i read that people who were born on the Taurus/Aries cusp tended to marry at a young age.

These days, I know there is more to someone's charts than just their sun sign...although, there might be something to that Taurus/Aries thing because my boyfriend was born on the Taurus/Aries cusp and he might just end up marrying early ;) I know that ever since he was 18, he's been intrigued with the idea of finding a wife (he loved talking marriage and would get excited when i'd talk marriage with him).

Minderwiz

There are a number of ways of doing this:

Lilly gives a quite complex assessment depending on whether the subject is a man or woman.

For a man (as in your question)

Look for the position of the Moon in his chart, If it is Oriental of the Sun - that is it rose before the Sun, and is natally placed between the MC and Descendant or between the IC and the Ascendant, then this is one indication that he will marry young (or if he passes his mature years, will marry someone much younger than himself).

Lilly would also consider the ruler of the Seventh, any planets in the seventh and also Venus (the other feminine planet). So he would go by the majority here a - if most are Oriental of the Sun and placed in the above quadrants he would go for marrying young.

That is of course based on a previous deduction - that he will marry in the first place! This would be based on the position of the Moon and Venus by sign and by house.

dadsnook2000

Another suggestion

I would suggest looking at the angular separation between the Sun and Venus. Advancing either of these astrological bodies to the other based on the solar arc often indicates a period of marriage possibility. For many, this would be of particular interest if the angle between them was some 18 to 25 degrees of distance ---- ages when many are considering marriage.

An example: My Sun to Venus angle is 21 degrees, the age when I married.

Dave

olivia1

thank you, Minderwiz and Dave. Since I am a beginner, I think the first suggestion would be too hard for me to figure out. Besides, since I have no clue when he was born (and neither does he) maybe i should focus on my own chart instead. Because, I figure, we'd be correlated anyway. When I marry would give me some estimate as to when he does, too. And if he doesnt end up with me..well, maybe he can keep me updated so I know how far off my estimate was.

Anyway, I tried the advice that Dave gave and I think I am confusing the instructions. I'm not even going to pretend I know what advancing a solar arc means...So I am suppossed to count the total degrees between my Sun and Venus?

My Venus has a 33 next to and is in Pisces (it looks like by 26 degrees) and my Sun has a 26 next to it and its in Aries (by what looks to be like 15 degrees). Does that 26 mean my Sun is separated from Venus by 26 degrees (as its the planet preceding my Sun)? And that 33 means my Venus is separated from whatever planet preceded it? So I should marry at 26?

Or do I literally count the little lines (representing degrees) between the Venus and Sun in my chart. When I did that, though I got 20...and I know I must be doing that wrong because I'm 26 and I'm still not married. If I'm doing it wrong please tell me...I wanted to at least try it myself before asking someone else for help with it. Sorry if this post is confusing. I guess it shows how much I little I know about astrology.

And just to add: no, i wasnt planning on getting married this year. My boyfriend and I thought we'd marry in 2 years from now. I initially started this thread because I wanted to see if there was something in his chart that would have indicated that he was the type to marry at a young age (he is 24).

Minderwiz

dadsnook2000 said:
I would suggest looking at the angular separation between the Sun and Venus. Advancing either of these astrological bodies to the other based on the solar arc often indicates a period of marriage possibility. For many, this would be of particular interest if the angle between them was some 18 to 25 degrees of distance ---- ages when many are considering marriage.

An example: My Sun to Venus angle is 21 degrees, the age when I married.

Dave

For me the separation is 13.25 degrees :)

In fairness Lilly might be just as wrong, he doesn't commit himself to an age for 'early marriage' so I can't actually hit him with his own book LOL. IF we take early marriage as under 25, two of his indicators (Moon by House and Seventh ruler by House) suggest early marriage. The other available significator, Moon relative to the Sun gives the Moon as occidental - indicating a later marriage. I was 28 when I married.

Ronia

I was told before that I would marry later (past 30) because I have Saturn in my seventh house. And I did marry a bit past 30. :) But I know almost nothing of astrology and just quoting here.

Minderwiz

olivia1 said:
My Venus has a 33 next to and is in Pisces (it looks like by 26 degrees) and my Sun has a 26 next to it and its in Aries (by what looks to be like 15 degrees). Does that 26 mean my Sun is separated from Venus by 26 degrees (as its the planet preceding my Sun)? And that 33 means my Venus is separated from whatever planet preceded it? So I should marry at 26?

Or do I literally count the little lines (representing degrees) between the Venus and Sun in my chart. When I did that, though I got 20...and I know I must be doing that wrong because I'm 26 and I'm still not married.

From your description I think you are carrying out Dave's method properly. The figures by the planets are usually degrees AND minutes. Charts can be funny in the way these are printed, as charts are circular, yet you need to be able to read them relatively easily. From your description I'd take your Venus to be at 26 degrees 33 minutes of Pisces, and your Sun to be at 15 degrees 26 minutes of Aries. That would indeed be a separation of 19 degrees (20 if you've rounded to the nearest degree).

Lilly's rules for a woman are different from that for a man. You need to look at your chart (no calculations necessary) for:

The Sun: If your Sun is in houses 12, 11, 10 or 6, 5, 4 (Top left and bottom right) This is a sign you will marry early; however it is not the only one:

Repeat the process for Mars

Now look at the sign on the Seventh House (3 o'clock position) and identify it's ruler as follows:

Aries = Mars, Taurus = Venus, Gemini = Mercury, Camcer = Moon, Leo = Sun, Virgo = Mercury, Libra = Venus, Scorpio = Mars, Sagittarius = Jupiter, Capricorn = Saturn, Aquarius = Saturn, Pisces = Jupiter

Repeat the process for the planet you have selected above. again Top left and bottom right.

Finally look at the seventh house and see if there are any planets in it. Repet the process for them.

It's likely you will get a mixture of planets that are in those two sections of the chart and others that are not. What matters is the balance. If more of them fall into those two quadrants than are outside, then the chances are that you will marry young.

This is a general guide, (as is Dave's) Lilly has a more precise method but without your natal information I can't put that into operation.

Ronia,

As Saturn is one of the planets in your seventh House, it would be taken into account in a general estimate of your age on marriage. I've also seen Saturn in this position interpreted as marrying an older partner. As Saturn slows things down, that would be consistent with the reading you were given. My only reservation is that any method using one single factor is risky. I think that is why Lilly does it on what he would see as the balance of probabilities. But like all probabilities, it isn't guaranteed to happen.

Ronia

I see. I'm a novice and I'm not sure if this was what she looked at only but that's what she told me. The partner is a bit older but not much. :)

olivia1

Minderwiz said:
From your description I think you are carrying out Dave's method properly. The figures by the planets are usually degrees AND minutes. Charts can be funny in the way these are printed, as charts are circular, yet you need to be able to read them relatively easily. From your description I'd take your Venus to be at 26 degrees 33 minutes of Pisces, and your Sun to be at 15 degrees 26 minutes of Aries. That would indeed be a separation of 19 degrees (20 if you've rounded to the nearest degree).

ah, thank you so much for explaining what those numbers meant. I would have seriously never figured that out if you didn't tell me. Astrology is very difficult for me! Its like reading Chinese for me :laugh:

Lilly's rules for a woman are different from that for a man. You need to look at your chart (no calculations necessary) for:

The Sun: If your Sun is in houses 12, 11, 10 or 6, 5, 4 (Top left and bottom right) This is a sign you will marry early; however it is not the only one:

Now look at the sign on the Seventh House (3 o'clock position) and identify it's ruler as follows:

Aries = Mars, Taurus = Venus, Gemini = Mercury, Camcer = Moon, Leo = Sun, Virgo = Mercury, Libra = Venus, Scorpio = Mars, Sagittarius = Jupiter, Capricorn = Saturn, Aquarius = Saturn, Pisces = Jupiter

Repeat the process for the planet you have selected above. again Top left and bottom right.

Finally look at the seventh house and see if there are any planets in it. Repet the process for them.

It's likely you will get a mixture of planets that are in those two sections of the chart and others that are not. What matters is the balance. If more of them fall into those two quadrants than are outside, then the chances are that you will marry young.

This is a general guide, (as is Dave's) Lilly has a more precise method but without your natal information I can't put that into operation.

Thank you, I'm going to try the method you posted. When I showed my chart to a lady that did astrology, she told me that my chart indicated that I would marry a foreigner and we would meet "either close or far from home and in an academic setting." Well, I am not married yet but my current boyfriend is of a different race and I did meet him far from home...at my university's library. we were both cramming for an exam.

olivia1

My sun is in the 7th House

And my Mars is in the 3rd house.

Repeat the process for the planet you have selected above. again Top left and bottom right. Finally look at the seventh house and see if there are any planets in it. Repet the process for them.

lol, that's ruled by Mars, too (ARies) and the only planet in my 7th House is the Sun. I guess I won't be marrying early. Well, I am 26 so I guess even if I were to get married now, one couldn't really count that early can they? Would knowing my boyfriend's exact birthdate be needed to do the male equivalent of this. Because I hate to admit it but he's the young one.

they all fall outside of those quadrants. Attached below is my chart. did do it correctly? I hope I dont take after my aunt who married at 45. Although, I guess better late than never, right? But my parents married young. My dad was 21 at his first marriage and my mother was 27.

my chart

http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/uu208/olive1/?action=view&current=me-1.gif