What to do With my Life Spread AKA Gaian Tarot Spread

Mimers

The Gaian Tarot Spread
Inspired by the Gaian Tarot by Joanna Powell Colbert and also inspired by the following quote by Mary Oliver
“Tell me what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”

When I receive a new deck my favorite thing is to see what spreads are included with the deck and try one out. This time I was inspired to create my own spread based on the extra card that came with the deck. It has the quote above by Mary Oliver printed on it. I was so moved by this quote that I decided to design a spread to address that very question!

Before beginning the spread separate out the People (Court) Cards and have the person choose the one they most resonate with. You should discuss why they chose that card. How do they relate to it? Bring out your own impressions of the card. This will help determine the attitude this person takes toward life in general.

Most of the spreads I have created are very short and to the point. This one is different. I encourage exploration and drawing extra cards for each position. Depending on the time you have you can draw numerous cards for each position or just the one. I also encourage engaging the person receiving the reading to contribute as well. Find out how they see the different cards and what it means to them personally. This is very important since it is about finding the meaning in their life.

Discover:
My Inherent Personality - This represents the personality we were born with. Feel free to draw more than one card to discuss other personality traits.

My Influences - How have the people around you shape who you are? If time ask who impressed them most during their life. Draw a card specifically for this person.

Experiences - How have life events affected you? If the event is a hurtful or bad draw another card for help in how to overcome this and use it towards your advantage. If it is a positive event draw a card to see how you can use this to achieve happiness and excel in life today.

Evalute:
Gifts - What are your talents to share with the world? Draw as many cards as you want. You can even choose deliberately them from the deck.

Hang ups - What is holding you back? Draw an extra card on how to get over it and move on.

Next Steps - What can I do right now to live my life more fully? Again, as many cards as you feel compelled to draw.

Act: because everyone’s goal is Peace, Love & Happiness!*
Peace - What will bring peace into your life? Draw extra cards to explore different things you can do or attitudes to incorporate in order to receive peace in your life.

Love - What will bring more love into your life? Draw extra cards to explore different things you can do or attitudes to incorporate in order to receive Love in your life.

Happiness - What will bring more happiness into your life? Draw extra cards to explore different things you can do or attitudes to incorporate in order to bring happiness into your life.

*My dear friend and mentor Kathy (AKA Mama Juju) always says that everyone’s goal is Peace, Love Happiness and Joy and that is what they are looking for when they come to you for a reading.

Attachments

• Gaian Tarot Spread layout.png
    Gaian Tarot Spread layout.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 977

Zelmira

What a lovely spread! Well thought and deep.This one is going to my journal, and I will try it as soon as I have a chance. Thanks for sharing. Peace,
Zelmira

mel_rose

What a wonderful spread! I do not draw as many cards as possible but it shows the colours, truely.

thorhammer

I really like it, Mimers :) I might give it a try over the four-day weekend we've got coming up . . . *ah, bliss*

\m/ Kat

Mimers

Thanks! I am going to put a reading up this weekend as well. I have used it a lot and it worked very well!

Asher

Amazing!

This spread is fantastic! I used it today in our Tarot Circle and everyone loved it! The readings were deep and powerful, and they acclaimed it as one of the best spreads we have ever done.

Congratulations, Mimers! A beautiful creation, indeed.

I also googled Mary Oliver and found the poem that the quote is taken from. It's called "The Summer Day" and easily found online.

Asher

Mimers

Asher said:
This spread is fantastic! I used it today in our Tarot Circle and everyone loved it! The readings were deep and powerful, and they acclaimed it as one of the best spreads we have ever done.

Congratulations, Mimers! A beautiful creation, indeed.

I also googled Mary Oliver and found the poem that the quote is taken from. It's called "The Summer Day" and easily found online.

Asher

Wow! thanks Asher! I will have to check out that poem right away. I have used the spread a lot too and it is powerful. I spent hours with my MIL the other day pulling extra cards for more depth. It's the kind of reading that can bring tears.

Sheri

What I really like about this layout is the way that GROUPS of cards are used for an element of a question versus individual cards in "positions," which is a technique that I use for some readings.

Awesome, Mimers! :thumbsup:

:love: Sheri

shiresun

This is a great looking spread! It's just the kind I will be using after I finish meeting my deck, in full. It's perfect for affirming and clarifying the current path I'm walking.

Universal Student

This is something that I find very useful to me at this time in my life. Thank you so much for sharing this. I have been hoping to find something like this for a long time.