A friend wants to know if she'll get a proposal

Shannon Rae

I'm doing a reading for a friend, and we had a time limit. I picked my usual spread, the 5 card reading.

1) Immediate issue that needs attention
2) Best you can aim for right now
3) What's weighing you down
4) What brings you to this point
5) Where do I go from here?

With the Spiral Deck I got:

1) 7 of Wands
2) Ace of Pentacle Rx
3) 9 of Swords Rx
4) Wheel of Fortune
5) 10 of Pentacles

But then I realized she wanted to know if she was going to get a proposal, and would probably want to know when. I'm not sure if this kind of spread would be appropriate. Would anyone know what a better spread would be for that kind of question?

For her question of ''Will I get proposed to by my boyfriend?" I interpretated as such.

Yes, you will get a proposal, but not without some headache before then. Your immediate issue right now is one of feeling on your guard. You feel threatened and so your enthusiasm is toward defending yourself. There's a great deal of inner strength in you and you are calling on it in your day to day life. There may be no outer threat, no one talking about you behind your back, but the fact that you are on your best behavior at all times is making you a better person.

The best you can aim for right now is getting your money issues stable. You are on the verge of a new venture that will create a new foundation for you in the mundane world. Aim to make that the best you can. Get a strong foothold.

What's weighing you down right now is your own mind. You may be daydreaming the worst situation more often than the best situation and that only sets up your preparing for the worst when you should be preparing for the best.

There are great times ahead, you've received a great card, The Wheel of Fortune! This is the end of a time of problems and the beginning of a positive cycle in your affairs! This is currently a period of good luck, growth, expansion, success, and fortune. Wishes are coming true. The cycles of growth, perpetual change, destiny, karma; and the need for find one's center of calmness.

From here you are headed toward a full family life! Increased income, freedom from monetary concerns, a time of prosperity, acquiring material possessions, possibly a raise, and the security and enjoyment of home and family.

This is a great time for my friend, but not sure how this answers her questions? Does anyone know a spread specifically for getting engaged? Seems like there would be one, since it is such a common question.

214red

am not sure you have the right spread for a yes/no question.
looking at the cards i would say maybe she might get a proposal

Amanda

I'd say she might get a proposal, but whatever time frame you are thinking of seems really iffy. But, she probably won't get a ring (Ace of Pents rx.).

Just my 2 cents!

seeker7

somehow i get the idea that her bf may not be ready for it and may try and resist doing that for some time (probably over the time frame) so she should let it go for now and now be focussed on that...she should let things flow naturally...this waiting is happening for a reason...one she will learn about later in life!... I agree with 214red I don't think it's the right yes/no spread (don't like yes/no spreads with tarot in general tbh... tarot is for advice and guidance)

In other words I can't say definite yes or no...but I think she may have to wait longer for it...it seems like they are fine as they are, stable, so she should think twice about rocking that boat! :)

p.s I'm new so take it with a pinch of salt! :)

Glass Owl

Shannon Rae said:
Would anyone know what a better spread would be for that kind of question?
You may want to post your request in AT's Collaborative Spread Creation Thread. I think that a group of people working together could come up with a great spread that would help not just your friend but others in a similar situation as well.

Fostha

Glass Owl said:
You may want to post your request in AT's Collaborative Spread Creation Thread. I think that a group of people working together could come up with a great spread that would help not just your friend but others in a similar situation as well.
Thanks GO,that's the best bit of advice I've seen,I'll be sure to pass that on to my nearest and dearest who are currently searching for adequate spreads. Thanks for sharing.:)

willowfox

I would say no, as the guy seems to be stubbornly holding back.