The Book of the Law Study Group 2.36

Grigori

Ahh, starting the really fun part of Thelema, the feasts! Always nice to add an extra few celebrations into your schedule :D Interesting that the elements have rituals and the times have feasts. The next few lines give details, but generally speaking seems like there is a feast for all the major landmarks of Thelema in general, and also for each individual.

I'm not clear why the rituals are separate for the elements, as opposed to the feasts for the times. Perhaps our joyful and beautiful rituals are to have some structure or purpose, where the feasts are a free for all and just some fun to mark the times. I have some other thoughts, but maybe better saved for lines a little further down.

ravenest

Without checking (its been a long time) my Red Flame, I seem to remember that rituals for elements are rituals that mark the passage of life, puberty, menstruation, death, etc. And feasts are specific historical occurance dates.

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Without checking (its been a long time) my Red Flame, I seem to remember that rituals for elements are rituals that mark the passage of life, puberty, menstruation, death, etc. And feasts are specific historical occurance dates.
I've often wondered if there is something else to the list of feasts beyond a calendar of important days.
This is just speculation.

Feast of the Prophet and Bride - Chokmah + Binah ?

Feast of the witing of the Book - Da'ath? Path of Gimel ? (and/or Teth?)

Feast for Tahuti & secret child - Tiphareth ?

Feast for Supreme ritual & Equinox - Samekh + Peh ?

Feast for Fire & Water - Netzach & Hod ?

Feast of joy & rapture - Yesod ???? Hmm.

Feast unto Nu - Malkuth ?