Waiting For The Ring Spread, by Glass Owl

Shannon Rae

This is a spread Glass Owl came up with after I posted about a friend of mine who wants to know if her boyfriend will propose to her.

I'm using the Spiral Deck.

-----1----
-5--3-4--6
-----2---

1. What does Jane (the querent) need to know concerning Joe's view on their relationship?
2. What does Jane need to know concerning Joe's view on getting engaged in the near future?
3. What may increase the probability of Joe proposing to Jane in the near future?
4. What may decrease the probability of Joe proposing to Jane in the near future?
5. What should Jane do while she is waiting? (advice)
6. What should Jane NOT do while she is waiting? (advice)

1. XIII DEATH
2. 7 of Swords
3. Ace of Wands
4. Eight of Wands Rx
5. XIV TEMPERANCE
6. King of Wands

Strange advice.
I'm writing this as I wrote it for her, excuse all the first/present tense.

What you need to know concerning D's view on the relationship is that he is still very much overpowered by the loss of his mother and all the subsequent trouble the pain has caused in his family. He truly may be holding back in his passions due to not wanting to have to go through that kind of loss again.

What you want to know right now is D's view on getting engaged, I realize, and what I'm seeing in this reading is that he has a lot to think about. In that, being engaged doesn't provide with him with much emotion at the moment, as much as it is a lot to think about. He's doing this privately, thinking about marriage, and isn't sharing his thoughts with anyone.

What may increase the probability of D proposing to you in the near future is a new enthusiastic project! A new beginning somewhere, traveling somewhere together, gaining an inheritance, or anything that you two start together this month.

What may decrease the probability of D proposing to you in the near future is a lack of communication. It's important that clear message are sent to him that you are there for him in any capacity he needs. And it's important for you not to misunderstand him in any ways that lead to bad feelings.

What you should do while waiting is scatter your energies! There's a new job out there waiting for you, get on that! You recently had surgery, devote yourself to rehabilitation and/or exercise! Throw yourself into a million projects right now and keep positive that your whirlwind will be enticing to him.

What should you definitely not do while waiting? Don't give up on him, don't see another man that you know gets Derrick upset. Jealousy isn't going to be helpful at this time.

This is what I'm seeing on my first pass at these cards. I may come back again and write more as I sit and look at this spread.

starrystarrynight

-----1----
-5--3-4--6
-----2---

1. What does Jane (the querent) need to know concerning Joe's view on their relationship?
2. What does Jane need to know concerning Joe's view on getting engaged in the near future?
3. What may increase the probability of Joe proposing to Jane in the near future?
4. What may decrease the probability of Joe proposing to Jane in the near future?

1. XIII DEATH
2. 7 of Swords
3. Ace of Wands
4. Eight of Wands Rx
5. XIV TEMPERANCE
6. King of Wands
Without looking at your interpretation, I would read these cards like this if I had drawn them:

1. Joe thinks the relationship--or his life in general--is in a rut and would need to change bigtime before he could even entertain the notion of proposing to Jane.

2. Jane needs to realize that she and Joe are on completely different pages as far as a proposal is concerned. She may feel cheated if she were to understand his real future plans concerning her. (He may even be considering moving on right now without her...even, possibly moving house or location away from her.)

3. Jane needs to stop dwelling on her hopes of getting a proposal and start something new in her life--new job, new project--anything to take her mind elsewhere and stop her from agonizing about something that may be the furthest thing from Joe's mind right now. If he sees she is interested in something besides him, maybe that will start him thinking more along her lines.

4. She needs to stop acting out in extreme ways, trying to get him to do what she wants--i.e. she needs to stop arguing, stop harrassing him, stop acting jealous--or trying to make him jealous.

5. She needs to be more moderate in her thoughts and actions, and she needs to demonstrate more patience with Joe. She may need to accept things about him that she might want to change--he likely can't stand that.

6. Jane shouldn't try to force Joe into anything, nor try to keep him under control. She is likely hindering her own efforts by the way she acts toward him. She needs to allow Joe to be his own man--and right now, that man is not about to propose to her for reasons given above.

Shannon Rae

Joe has recently had to deal with a death in the family, so it's appropriate the Death card would show up first.

You are right though, I don't see a proposal any time soon. But next year (I did a different reading) I see big changes for them! And that's why she was wondering if they would be getting married this year, hence, doing this style reading for her.

I like your interpretation of TEMPERANCE Rx. You took the reversal to mean an exclamation point on the message of ''slow down'' with the TEMPERANCE card. Whereas I took it to mean, ''scatter your energies.'' Interesting. I've interpreted it the way you have before, but for some reason, not in this reading.

214red

1. XIII DEATH- he wants a change, he wants to end things.
2. 7 of Swords- he is not being entirely truthful about how he feels about the relationship, and really wants to run off alone.
3. Ace of Wands- more sex
4. Eight of Wands Rx- not enough sex
5. XIV TEMPERANCE- she needs to decide if this is what she wants, and also gain more balance in her life, this might not be within the relationship.
6. King of Wands- dont push him too much, and try and force his hand

Shannon Rae

Interesting how you interpreted Ace of Wands and 8 of Wands Rx....might be true as well. I will keep that in mind for the future.