trying out the "waiting for the ring spread"

Learner

Hi, I thought I'd try out a spread I found on the tarot spread section from Glass owl ( http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=137009 ):

This is concerning my boyfriend and I. I was curious to see how the spread would turn out for us.

Waiting for the Ring Spread

-----1----
-5--3-4--6
-----2---

1. What do I need to know concerning his view on our relationship? page of pentacle

He probably thinks that we are in our earlier stages of our relationship, but he's ready for the next level.

2. What do I need to know concerning his view on getting engaged in the near future? King of pentacle

Another pentacle and from a Page to a King. I sense there is a possiblity here just by looking at the two cards so far. Could this be representing a man that could interfer with the engagement? Or is just an indication that there is a high posibility of getting engaged with him?

3. What may increase the probability of him proposing to me in the near future? Eight of pentacle

Working hard after his goals and achieving them first before thinking about settling down?

4. What may decrease the probability of him proposing to me in the near future? Knight of cups

I wasn't sure about this one? Perhaps if i talk too soon about my hopes for the future it may scare him away? Or another thought is that someone may come into our lives, another romantic interest, tho i'm unsure if it's his romantic interest or mine.

5. What should I do while i'm waiting? (advice) Wheel of fortune

I feel that I must take control of my life, but also just to let things be for now. It will happen in its own time.

6. What should I NOT do while I'm waiting? (advice) Ace of wands

Inaction, not doing anything about it may not lead to the desired outcome that I would like.

I'd appreciate any other other insights to these cards. I'm abit rusty since I haven't practiced reading for some time and would definitely like to hear what others have to say.

Edit: I used my Gilded deck.

Annia

Hi there :)
You don't say what deck you used, so I go with the regular RW deck :)

1. What do I need to know concerning his view on our relationship? page of pentacle

He thinks that you have stable relationship and sees the chance to make this a long lasting thing.

2. What do I need to know concerning my view on getting engaged in the near future? King of pentacle

You're looking for stability. This being the final card in the pentacle deck, it says that you want to bring your relationship to the final phase. (I've learned that pentacle court cards stand for stability, which is why I said that now two times ;) )

3. What may increase the probability of him proposing to me in the near future? Eight of pentacle

It looks like he sees this as the beginning of something new and wonderful. A future (relationship) which is just starting to begin, but which will need a lot of work nontheless.

4. What may decrease the probability of him proposing to me in the near future? Knight of cups

I agree with you on the first idea. If you're overwhelming him with your feelings, you might scare him away.

I agree with you again. Everything will happen at the right time, don't press it.

Again I agree: Don't take action, don't be the leader in this. Let him come to you.

All in all, I'd say that this is a good spread. Give him time, don't press it and he'll come and ask you :D (I know how hard that waiting thing is though, I'm in the same situation myself :p)

Learner

feedback

Annia said:
Hi there :)
You don't say what deck you used, so I go with the regular RW deck :)

He thinks that you have stable relationship and sees the chance to make this a long lasting thing.

Yes, i've read about the pentacles as well, which is why i said this. And yes we do have a stable relationship at the moment.

2. What do I need to know concerning my view on getting engaged in the near future? King of pentacle

You're looking for stability. This being the final card in the pentacle deck, it says that you want to bring your relationship to the final phase. (I've learned that pentacle court cards stand for stability, which is why I said that now two times ;) )

My typo, it's actually concerning *his* view. Yes i noticed from page to king of pentacles, which makes me think there could be a future for us.

It looks like he sees this as the beginning of something new and wonderful. A future (relationship) which is just starting to begin, but which will need a lot of work nontheless.

Here is another pentacle. We've known each other for quite some time, however when it came to something a lil more serious and intimate like how we are now, it's only the early stages. so he sees it as work? I know that he's trying to climb the corporate ladder at the moment, which is why i think that if he achieved his goals, then he may think of settling down afterwards.

I agree with you on the first idea. If you're overwhelming him with your feelings, you might scare him away.
Ok, perhaps i should hold back lol.

I agree with you again. Everything will happen at the right time, don't press it.

I see, if you look at this card and the next one, it does indicate that i should be patient and let things come round at their own time.

Again I agree: Don't take action, don't be the leader in this. Let him come to you.

Inaction is difficult :( He's patient, I'm impatient. I often like to control my own life :) But perhaps i should allow him time to be ready.

All in all, I'd say that this is a good spread. Give him time, don't press it and he'll come and ask you :D (I know how hard that waiting thing is though, I'm in the same situation myself :p)

Thanks for your take on the cards. And yes, I forgotten to add that i was using the Gilded deck.

Annia

Inaction is difficult He's patient, I'm impatient. I often like to control my own life But perhaps i should allow him time to be ready.
LOL; you're so speaking from my heart. I can tell you that I'm in the exact same position as you are ;)
But from what I read from the cards, this will have a happy end, you just need to practice that patience a bit ;)

PS; I just did the same spread, I'm gonna reflect on it a bit and then I might post it here too, but the way I see it, we have similar outcomes ;)