waiting for the ring me too ;)

Annia

I guess us girls all have the same problem. While we think that *now* might just be the right moment to get married, guys need about 56 hints before they realise that *now* actually is the right moment to get married ;)

So my partner and I have talked about marriage and he knows I want to take the final step. He always says that he's not against marriage but somehow doesn't get his act together.

I commented another "waiting for the ring" thread earlier and thought this might just be the right spread for me too.

I use the Robin Wood Tarot

-----1----
-5--3-4--6
-----2---

1. What do I need to know concerning his view on their relationship? The Sun
He sees our relationship as a success and has no second guesses about it.

2. What do I need to know concerning his view on getting engaged in the near future?
9 of cups
I’m not sure, either it’s his wishes fulfilled, or he sees it as my biggest wish (the 9 of cups being my emotions, my wishes), yet he stands aside .

3. What may increase the probability of him proposing to me in the near future?
Wheel of fortune

If I just let things happen by themselves, no pushing on my part. Life should surprise me, I should let go of the belief that I need to control every situation.

4. What may decrease the probability him proposing to me in the near future?
Temperance

If I’m not open for compromises, if I’m not patient.

5. What should I do while I am waiting? (advice)
Judgement

This was a hard one for me. In the Robin Wood Tarot, a naked girl is stepping through the flames of a phoenix, she’s jubilating, full of energy and reborn.
In the end, I thought it might mean that I should live life at it’s fullest while waiting, not be sad because he hasn’t asked me yet. And I shouldn’t be scared, in the end, all will be well.

6. What should I NOT do while I am waiting? (advice)
Death

I should not push the change myself.

Learner

Annia said:
I commented another "waiting for the ring" thread earlier and thought this might just be the right spread for me too.

He sees our relationship as a success and has no second guesses about it.
I think he could be fine the way things are right now.

2. What do I need to know concerning his view on getting engaged in the near future?
9 of cups
I’m not sure, either it’s his wishes fulfilled, or he sees it as my biggest wish (the 9 of cups being my emotions, my wishes), yet he stands aside .

He's definitely interested.

Wheel of fortune

If I just let things happen by themselves, no pushing on my part. Life should surprise me, I should let go of the belief that I need to control every situation.

lol... yep, just let things happen in their own pace. It will come around. :)

Temperance

If I’m not open for compromises, if I’m not patient.

I think that everything must come together, the "right time" for it to happen. If this doesn't take place, then it may not happen. Kinda makes sense with the wheel of fortune above.

Judgement

This was a hard one for me. In the Robin Wood Tarot, a naked girl is stepping through the flames of a phoenix, she’s jubilating, full of energy and reborn.
In the end, I thought it might mean that I should live life at it’s fullest while waiting, not be sad because he hasn’t asked me yet. And I shouldn’t be scared, in the end, all will be well.

I would agree with you on this. Just live your life for now. Do what you want because once you start a family, you'll have less time for yourself.

Death

I should not push the change myself.

Don't drastically change things. Things are good and they do look good. :) I think in time he will propose ;)

willowfox

He thinks its great.

9 of cups

He seems quite unconcerned about it, as the guy seems quite content to just let things remain as they are, unattached.

Wheel of fortune

If you win the lotto perhaps? Or a realization the the time is right.

Temperance

If the status quo remains the same, with nobody pushing the issue.

Judgement

This suggests that you should no longer be waiting, time to jump and sing.

Death

You should not change direction or your stance about getting married.

Annia

thank you both for your replies.
Two slightly differend kind of views. ;)
One that says just go for it and don't wait while the other is the complete opposite :S
The way I interpreted the cards, I would also have said to wait for it, don't push it.
But I also understand willowfox'es interpretation.

It amazes me how the same cards can have two so different interpretations and shows me, how very few of us are really gifted to understand them.