What will be going on in the upcoming weeks ?

sunstallion

I saw this on the local magazine, but it does not say what will happen:

"There is a terrific shift in the cosmos taking place that is likely to have a profound effect on everyone. The Sun is making the start of a four-week period in which it will encourage intense actions and personalities.. Today the Sun makes a brave leap forward through the zodiac. During this four-week transit, it will be turning up the intensity on just about every aspect of your life."

-Does anyone know what the Sun will be doing ?
-From what date to what date ?
-Will it affect everyone positively or negatively ? like in what ways ? (how ?)

Minderwiz

What is the date of the magazine? From the rather hyperbolic language I'd guess they were talking about a sign change - the Aries ingress would be the obvious one but that' over a month ago.

If it's an up to date edition then it's likely to be a lunation cycle, either from the Aries New Moon on 14 April, or the Scorpio Full Moon on 28 April (Sun in Taurus, the sign of the Moon's exaltation). The Aries New Moon was followed four days later by Mercury's station Retrograde.

sunstallion

The magazine is for May.

Minderwiz

Thanks for the reply. In your first post you quoted the article:

"Today the Sun makes a brave leap forward through the zodiac. During this four-week transit, it will be turning up the intensity on just about every aspect of your life."

I presume from the rest of your post that the article didn't give a clue as to when 'Today' was.

Sun transits are either of planets, houses, or signs. We can rule out planets because the Sun moves too fast for any transit to last anywhere near four weeks. We can probably rule out houses, as these are far too location specific and would not relate to 'everyone' So we are left with signs and the Sun's transit of Taurus can hardly be taken as a 'brave leap forward'

I am forced back to the Full Moon in Scorpio on 28th April. I suspected something to do with Pluto on reading the rather silly forecast and of course according to some (badly informed) Astrologers, Pluto is both a planet and rules Scorpio. Lunation cycles are 28 days (four weeks) or more properly 29 from one Full Moon to the other as the Sun also moves forward.

A lunation cycle is not a transit, (except of the whole zodiac by the Moon) so to me that's even more evidence that whoever wrote this is just trying to get people to read it by being OTT but really doesn't know what they're talking about. It's the sort of thing to give Astrologers a bad name.