The Book of the Law Study Group 2.46

Professor X

Another line that shows how empowering the Book Of Law is. It does nothing but try to instill fearlessness and power in the reader. Anyone who studies it can definitely can aspire to god like conciousness and abilities.

It truly is a different type of thinking for a new type of Aeon.

Always Wondering

I always get a startled kind of feeling when I read this verse. It is as if Aiwass finally spotted me in the crowd. :laugh:

AW

Aeon418

The context for this verse and the next few verses is supplied in verse 49:
This is of the 4: there is a fifth who is invisible, & therein am I as a babe in an egg.
The 4 are the elements. The fifth is Spirit.

Spirit should be our guiding principle. Yet all too often we get distracted and base our actions around the "comfort" of the 4. But without the Fifth the 4 elements are unredeemed and "fallen".

Aeon418

I've been trying to figure out a way to comment on this verse without referencing the next few. But I admit Defeat. If that causes any Strife or Disappointment don't Worry about it. Solvitur ambulando!
46. Dost thou fail? Art thou sorry? Is fear in thine heart?
47. Where I am these are not.
48. Pity not the fallen! I never knew them. I am not for them. I console not: I hate the consoled & the consoler.
49. I am unique & conqueror. I am not of the slaves that perish. Be they damned & dead! Amen. (This is of the 4: there is a fifth who is invisible, & therein am I as a babe in an egg. )
The virtue corresponding to Spirit is Ire. It is the fifth power of the Sphinx. It is the power "to go". It is the characteristic mark of a god. In AL II:7 Hadit identifies himself as the one that goes. The four elements are his vehicle. They are the means through which he unveils the body of Nuit and "knows" her (biblical sense ;)) through experience.

Unfortunately the Four elements are lazy and don't want to play ball. So when the Fifth element forces the issue there is usually all manner of turmoil and discord. This brings us round to the misunderstood 5's of the Tarot.

The Book of Thoth, p.180:
In the "Naples arrangement", the introduction of the number Five shows the idea of motion coming to the aid of matter. This is quite a revolutionary conception; the result is a complete upset of the statically stabilized system. Now appear storm and stress.
This must not be regarded as something "evil". The natural feeling about is really a little more than reluctance of people to get up from lunch and go back to the job.
The important point here is that the "storm and stress" are proportional to the resistance provided by the Four elements. The god within, Hadit, keeps applying pressure. But most of us, through force of habit and inertia, dig in our heels, sulk, and start crying about how unfair it all is. If only we could let go. ;) Failing that there's always the soporifics of pity, "tea & sympathy" and a heavy dose of consolation* to make the Four elements feel better. Awwww. But it does nothing to address the root of the problem. And Hadit has no sympathy either, because it's all your own fault. His Chariot is meant to go. And if it won't go he tranforms into Doris Day and starts singing The Deadwood Stage. :laugh:
Oh! The Deadwood Stage is a-rollin' on over the plains,
with the curtains flappin' and the driver slappin' the reins.
Beautiful sky! A wonderful day!
Whip crack-away!, Whip crack-away!, Whip crack-away!

* Anyone raised in a western consumer society should be well aware of one form of con$olation. For many people it distracts the attention away from the empty void within.

Aeon418

A few thoughts...

Why is Hadit not a big fan of consolation? Well in a way it runs counter to his active nature. He is the drive, the energy, the motion that comes from within. It's this that keeps us going despite failure, pushes us through and beyond sorrow, and forces us to face and conquer fear.

Consolation, in whatever form it takes, is soothing, pacifying, mollifying. It basically pours cold water on Hadit. It encourages giving up and finds a way to pretend to be happy about it.

But a god who does not go, is no longer a god. Woof, woof!