Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

LS Secret Tarot - 6 of Pentacles

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups

Citizen

Sanctum_Priest 
Citizen

LS Secret Tarot - 6 of Pentacles

I love this card. Traditionally it would be a repayment of a debt, but here we see a gentleman giving money to a beggar. Still he seems to resent it. Is he paying the beggar off? Is he acting charitably just because he thinks he ought to? It's the thought that counts!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Resident

teaguejb 
Resident

The gentleman's stride and body language suggest that his charity was a kind of afterthought. He's certainly not stopping to chat with the beggar. Quite possibly, he is only being charitable because it would look bad to simply walk past the beggar. Reminds me of a political debate on television I saw not long ago. Each candidate for Mayor of New York was asked if they routinely give money to panhandlers on the subway. The question really made them squirm, but they all answered "yes."

The other thing that I have read on another site about this card is that it is about both giving and receiving, having and not having. It's about the relationship between one party whose position is "above" that of another. It's also about how these relationships sometimes aren't so simple and they can change at any moment. In this card, the well-to-do gentleman may be materially wealthy, but is he in charge of this situation? Doesn't this situation dictate that he must (or should) give to the less fortunate?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.