Fantastical Creatures Study Group - Queen of Pentacles

hemlock

Here is a picture of the ueen of Pentacles
http://www.fantasticalcreatures.com/pentacles.html

My initial thoughts on this card:
There is a lady floating out of the roots of a tree with arms outstretched, mirroring the soaring seagull above her head. She is by the sea and encompasses 3 of the 4 elements - earth (tree roots), air (floating into the sky) and water - the sea behind her.
She is part of the tree and the tree is part of her. Her clothes and hair mirror the roots and branches of the tree, as does the embroidery on her clothing. The flowing garments mirror the waves of the sea. She is the epitomy of 'Mother Earth'. Her arms are outsretched, ready to embrace anyone who comes along. She carries a pentacle in her hand, her gift to anyone who wishes to take it.

What does anyone else see?

Etheleona

A Dryad? I don't own this deck (yet), but, ohhhh, I love Lisa Hunt!

What I see: She's wearing green (fertility), blue (sky, water), with a golden or brown pattern of leaves & branches on her dress. Her legs emerge from the tree's roots & her golden hair twines in its branches. Three birds float in a windy, partly-cloudy sky.

The colors blue, white and gold represent the elements, water, air & sunlight, which the tree absorbs from the environment & which become part of it. In turn, the tree creates oxygen & sends it back into the air, thus completing the circle. Plant life stores the energy of sunlight which becomes food & fuel for people. It takes the power of the heavens & roots it in the earth, then stretches up to heaven again.

To me, the Queen shows a person taking Divine creativity & grounding it on the Earth plane, where it takes root & grows into works & acts of creative freedom. One who nurtures growth, who provides a home for birds to nest.

hemlock

I love this set. The cards are glossy with very vibrant colours. They are well worth investing in. Trouble is the LWB is rubbish. Best look up the meaning of each mythical being yourself & add it to your own observations and knowledge of tarot in general.
I like your description of the earthy colours - great!

JadestatiK

Here is a picture of the ueen of Pentacles
http://www.fantasticalcreatures.com/pentacles.html

My initial thoughts on this card:
There is a lady floating out of the roots of a tree with arms outstretched, mirroring the soaring seagull above her head. She is by the sea and encompasses 3 of the 4 elements - earth (tree roots), air (floating into the sky) and water - the sea behind her.
She is part of the tree and the tree is part of her. Her clothes and hair mirror the roots and branches of the tree, as does the embroidery on her clothing. The flowing garments mirror the waves of the sea. She is the epitomy of 'Mother Earth'. Her arms are outsretched, ready to embrace anyone who comes along. She carries a pentacle in her hand, her gift to anyone who wishes to take it.

What does anyone else see?

personally, I see a long awaited freedom. her arm stretched high to the sky, emerging from the many entangled roots of the tree. As if once restrained/held down. Now, she finds escape/freedom. i must say, this deck had me quite confused at first, as this was my first deck with the fire/air elements switched for swords/wands. Still a "newbie" - only studying for about a year, but this deck has taught me to just go intuitively with the meanings