Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

carcinya 
Citizen

10 of pentacles as relationship outcome

Hi everybody

How would you interpret the 10 of Pentacles as outcome in a relationship reading?

Obviously, there are some very positive associations, but I'm also very interested in the more arcane, unusual and yes, negative interpretations to write in my tarot journal.

Any ideas?
carcinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
amaranta_s 
Resident

Hi, If you are after negative aspects then here u go: I see this card as a union based on material security and benefits without love.I personally don't like such a union.maybe the the best card for outcome of a relationship is ten of cups.
amaranta_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
214red 
Citizen

i would have to disagree that the 10 of cups is the best card, the 10 of pentacles is also about the tree of life, and family life thats grows

Old 07-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Adjustment 
Citizen

Sometimes i have seen the 10 as something ending on relationships reading if thre are other cards supporting it

Old 08-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
WalesWoman 
Citizen

Aside from marriage, family and white picket fences in the suburbs, it can also mean inheritance... not only being included in the will, but genetic make up, inherited traits ...and your parents moving back in with you in their old age. I think they call it the sandwich generation with you still have kids at home and are taking care of your elderly parents too.

Another meaning could be The Establishment, icons of tradition, like the Daughters of the Revolution, family dynasties (like Dallas and Dynasty) or the Rockefellers, etc., as well as long established businesses. It could even be insurance companies that cover everything.

Old 08-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Sophie 
Citizen

Possible interpretations:

- Family, tradition or money considerations standing in the way of the relationship (particularly if the relationship is unconventional) - as an outcome in such an interpretation, the family/tradition/money considerations win.

- The relationship becomes a truly complete one in the physical sphere and is now ready to develop in its spiritual dimensions.

- Divorce (because of all the settlements and family money involved).

- Death (same)

Old 08-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
bluecaffeine 
Citizen

10 of pentacles as your partners outcome:
maybe his familiy is too important for him, he listens more to what his family tells him (than he listens to you).
Maybe he has enough money, so that you don`t have to worry about financial matters.
Maybe he thinks he can buy everything for you, but he doesn't have to care about your feelings.

Last edited by bluecaffeine; 08-06-2010 at 05:12.
bluecaffeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
irisa 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcinya
Obviously, there are some very positive associations, but I'm also very interested in the more arcane, unusual and yes, negative interpretations to write in my tarot journal.

Any ideas?
Negatives hmmm for me maybe family feuds, domestic arguments or relationship beakdowns due to money troubles. Reckless spending, the urge to gamble. Baggage from childhood causing difficulties in current relationships. People making too many demands on you.

irisa

Last edited by irisa; 08-06-2010 at 05:29.
irisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
Sulis 
believer in magic

I think it's taking it to the next level from where you are now but building on what has gone before.

I see the 10s as aspects of The Wheel of Fortune. They're the end of one cycle and the start of the next but they don't forget the cycle that's gone before.
Think of a wheel - the wheel is always spinning and the outside of it is filled with change as it goes round and round but the hub remains relatively stable, to build on. That's what the tarot 10s are like.

So for the 10 of Pentacles which is the Earth suit it can mean making a deep commitment, it can mean leaving a legacy for your descendants or just those who come after you. It's a card of security, it's when the relationship becomes a deep, lasting and secure one.

'Be excellent to each other' - Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

'Those who don't believe in magic will never find it' - Roald Dahl
Sulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
canid 
Not sure yet...

The 'burden' (it's yours to choose burden or not) of responsibility for a loved one, elderly or otherwise.

Old 08-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today