The Book of the Law Study Group 2.51

Grigori

Thanks R!

This line is a bit perplexing to me. It's like Hadit has given a definition of ultraviolet light, but its not clear to me how that connects to anything else. Should we be relating this "light beyond eyesight" to something else, or does it serve as testimony to the limits of our senses.

I feel like saying "Hadit... yeah,... so what?"

Aeon418

I get the feeling that this is a reference to the Akasha tattwa. That is the egg of spirit. Yes, it's usually described as black or indigo. But purple beyond purple sounds close to me.

Liber LXV I:12.Then was there silence. Speech had done with us awhile.
There is a light so strenuous that it is not perceived as light.

Aeon418

Light higher than eyesight? The light of Kether filtered through the Ruach is LVX. This is what we perceive as the HGA. But above the Abyss, beyond the Ruach, there is nothing to diffuse the light. LVX becomes NOX - The Night of PAN. Radiant Darkness.

An anology can be made with sunlight. It enters the atmosphere and is diffused by the air, creating the visible phenomenon called daylight. Beyond the atmosphere out in space there is even more light. But because there is no air (Ruach) it appears to be dark.

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
An anology can be made with sunlight. It enters the atmosphere and is diffused by the air, creating the visible phenomenon called daylight. Beyond the atmosphere out in space there is even more light. But because there is no air (Ruach) it appears to be dark.

That's really useful Aeon, thanks :)

ravenest

Grigori said:
This line is a bit perplexing to me. It's like Hadit has given a definition of ultraviolet light, but its not clear to me how that connects to anything else. Should we be relating this "light beyond eyesight" to something else, or does it serve as testimony to the limits of our senses.

I feel like saying "Hadit... yeah,... so what?"

Sometimes, it feels like, to me, that some things are just beyond (above) our normal eyesight. Our perception flits back and forewards over the border of perceptibility, escpecially with the outer edge of our vision, if we can get a higher vibrationary visionary awareness we can see a lot more than 'normal'.

I had an interesting experience with this once in an evocation rite .... couldnt see a thing but felt it was there in the triangle. Tried everything ... then for same strange reason picked up the 'magick ring' and held it to my 'third eye' and looked ... ah! there's the little f***er!

One can also see below the vivible spectrum, the light beneath eyesight, into the infra-red, some can see 'heat' (I dont mean heat's effects, I mean heat), and some can even see music and smell.

BUT does purple have anything to do with violet or ultra violet? I dont think so. It isnt a color but a reaction made in the brain to help perception when two disparate things are blended. I'm not sure if that helps anyone to comprehend hadit though. :shrug:

Aeon418

ravenest said:
BUT does purple have anything to do with violet or ultra violet? I dont think so. It isnt a color but a reaction made in the brain to help perception when two disparate things are blended. I'm not sure if that helps anyone to comprehend hadit though. :shrug:
It's the Hermit of Atu VI. Normally this represents Briatic Unity manifesting below the Abyss in Yetziratic duality. (That's how oracles work. Liber AL is a good example. ;))

But this time the it follows the path of return and the two edges of the sword (Zain) become one and lead to Binah, the City of the Pyramids under the Night of Pan. NOX.

Aeon418

Grigori said:
That's really useful Aeon, thanks :)
The HGA is a kind of a fence (Cheth ;)), a buffer that expands outwards in proportion to our ability to "bear more joy". When this Cheth/fence expands out to infinity it becomes identical with Nuit herself. But trying to plug your consciousness into infinity too early leads us back to the head-melting bit in Raiders of the Lost Ark. :laugh:

RHK - visible object/LVX - atmosphere.

Nuit - Radiant Darkness/NOX - space.
Liber LXV V:50. Let not the priest of Isis uncover the nakedness of Nuit, for every step is a death and a birth. The priest of Isis lifted the veil of Isis, and was slain by the kisses of her mouth. Then was he the priest of Nuit, and drank of the milk of the stars.