Thoth response study

Lillie

cardlady22 said:
ETA: Lillie, I'll work on yours ASAP, but just off the top of my head-
Crowley's 10C is your Jupiter card. Something that lets you expand and grow past boundaries. (Iain McLaren-Owens' birth card is my Jupiter.)

The 8:heart: is Neptune in Fire (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius)
a passionate & turbulent life lived more deeply than most would care to

Thank you!
My life has had it's passionate and turbulent moments, but there is also a lot of sitting on the settee watching TV

Chiska

Thoth Lover!

2D (diamonds)

What an interesting thread!! Is there a place that has more information or will you be kind and explain the significances?

Scion

Thoth Lover!

And Uncle Al and I have the same b-day, so 10 Clubs for me as well. }) In Golden Dawn, we're 3 of Swords. :)

franniee

LOVE the thoth ~ King of clubs :D

cardlady22

Chiska said:
What an interesting thread!! Is there a place that has more information or will you be kind and explain the significances?
I have a multitude of resources. But I have to take a page from Scion's book regarding recommendations. I really do feel that your Birth Card compared to that of the particular author is helpful in finding what might be better as a start. In the end, you may move on to another set of correspondences.

*since I just sent this in a PM to Myrrha, it's handy*

I like Sharon Jeffers (KD) book Cards of Destiny A Birthday Book and Daily Divination Guide along with The Power of Playing Cards: An Ancient System for Understanding Yourself, Your Destiny, & Your Relationships by Geri Sullivan (KD) & Saffi Crawford (4C) for an absolute beginner's intro.

Robert Lee Camp (QD) is usually the one people have come into contact with first. He is the only author offering software that calculates all the charts for you, but many find it too pricey.

Thomas Morrell (KH) uses the Chaldean numerology associations. His work is self-published and he has a Yahoo group. There is a website that has developed online calculation tools using his info, but as far as I know it is not purchasable.

Iain McLaren-Owens (KD) has a very scholarly approach. He has done an amazing amount of calculation & research and set up a very unique system/framework for the cards. In terms of Iain's publications, these are the 2 that I refer to the most:

AC 9 Aspects
SS 10 Planetary Squares

This is a great reference resource with the benefit of being able to print out a quick page for study w/o lugging a large book around:
SS: 8CD Magian Cardology Card Chart Tables - CD version

Deborah Lowrey (3D) at karmaresources has designed many PDF study modules for various concepts.

See this page of links to various author sites.

~ * ~ * ~ *

Source reference books (some are OOP or pulled from printing due to copyright issues)

Mystic Test Book [1893/1919], The Magea Book [1893], Temple Lectures [1892]:
Olney H. Richmond - 3D (Feb 22)

Symbolism [1905]
Milton Alberto Pottenger - 4C (Nov 16)

Sacred Symbols of the Ancients [1947]:
Edith L. Randall- 8C (Dec 10)
*an astro database had Oct 10
Florence Evylinn Campbell- 8H (Oct 27)

Edith L. Randall's Your Place in the Cards [1974]:
Donalie Fitzgerald- 7D (Jul 8)

The Magi Center, Inc. (Paradise CA)
Know Your Money Cycles For Success [1978]:
Frank Koenig- 5C (Sep 19)

What's Your Card [1978]:
Arne Lein- 8D (Jul 7)

cardlady22

I do have a small flaw in my "study" since people who hate Crowley/Thoth, or are indifferent, won't be stopping by this forum to know the thread exists. :laugh:

I will go through and post my surmises based on your birth cards, compared to Crowley's. But it's going to take some time. For relationships, you use the Spread that I attached in the first post. There are various ways to count the # of cards between yours & another: Horizontal, Vertical, Diagonal, etc. That number is applied to a planet.

There are some people who will not have a Connection on the Life (top cards) or Spirit (bottom cards) Spread arrangements. That's when it gets fun & you look at your Age Spread for when you discovered or began to be drawn to the Thoth deck to see what shows up there.

ETA: attached the 52-card layout here as well

Attachments

• CardSpr.jpg
    CardSpr.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 108

Le Fanu

9 of Diamonds.

And passionate Thoth lover. More & more passionate each day... ;)

Does this mean something?

gregory

That's what I want to know.... And does it count double for LiberT lovers ?

cardlady22

another quickie

Le Fanu has a big Connection. })
10C is your Earth or Life Goal card. My little booklet says that how you respond to people with this card is an indication of how you are doing with your path.

gregory

OK- and MOI ? One of the FIRST to respond to your plea.... :(