Is Thoth complicated?

finaflight

Is Thoth complicated to learn. And also where can I find pictured of a full deck. I have heard over the last few years that many of you have this deck and I wasn`t curious before, but am now/

thanks

Lillie

And it's as complicated or as easy as you want it to be.

ravenest

finaflight said:
Is Thoth complicated to learn.

That depends on WHAT you want to learn.

Abrac

There are links to the full deck in three sizes here.

Whether or not it's complicated will depend, I think, on how well versed you are in the occult philosophy of the late 19th to early 20th century. If not, you'll have a lot of reading to do. If you just want to read with it you can do that about as easily as with any other deck. The booklet that comes with the deck has divinatory meanings you can use. :)

finaflight

I think I will read more about the Thoth first so I can understand the images better.

thanks for the threads so I could view the cards.

Αρσιησισ

I actually think the Thoth deck is a less complicated deck than most as it has the Yetziratic correspondences, decans, & titles printed plainly on the cards.

The major difference is that special emphasis is placed on certain aspects of the cards that otherwise file into the background, such as their Alchemico-sexual implications.

Great care has also been taken to incorporate the maximum amount of relative symbolism from astrology, mythology, & comparative religion into the cards.

Fr. 729

gregory

Lillie said:
And it's as complicated or as easy as you want it to be.
This is true.

But every home should have at least one - in the large size