Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

patienceislove 
Citizen

3 of swords as a feeling

how would you look at this card as the way a person feels about another person?

i think of a love triangle, heartache, pain, drama, hurtng someone or being hurt.

so does this card say this person feels like u are gonna hurt them or that they are gonna hurt you? this is one of my least favorite cards and lately its been coming up daily.
patienceislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
starrystarrynight 
Intolerance intolerant

Sometimes, this one also comes up when something (often something painful) needs to be communicated because leaving it unsaid is burning a hole in one's soul.

Old 15-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
LovelyMissAries 
Citizen

3 of Swords can insinuate feeling 'cut' or slighted in some way. Sometimes it comes up for me predicting an actual paper cut or small injury of some sort.
LovelyMissAries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
ana luisa 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrystarrynight
Sometimes, this one also comes up when something (often something painful) needs to be communicated because leaving it unsaid is burning a hole in one's soul.
Beautifully put! It's going straight to my journal
ana luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
astroandtarot 
Citizen

i guess it could be a lack of communication which leads to emotional turmoil?
astroandtarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Αρσιησισ 
Resident

3 of Swords, Sorrow, puts me in mind of Binah as the Sephirah of the Trance of Dukkha ...one of the Three Marks of Existence in Buddhism.

Fr. 729

Old 15-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
sitna 
Citizen

It can point towards heartbreak, and I partly see it as being stuck in a love situation, maybe if there are three involved. An because they are swords afterall it can show you are wondering a lot about it, thoughts that haunt you, asking why you feel this way.
sitna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
carcinya 
Citizen

I've very often seen it come up as lack of communication, either resulting from or leading to heartache.

Heartbreak is another possible meaning, especially when a third person ("the other woman/man") is involved.

Feeling left out, self-pity, jealousy, envy.

I'll give you two personal examples, maybe that will help:

1) One morning I drew the 3 of Swords as my card for the day (along with the 9 of Swords and 10 of Swords). I had been having issues with my best friend: I was jealous of the time he devoted to his new girlfriend. I had been feeling left out and lonely, but I couldn't tell him that, because I knew I was being unreasonable and selfish. In the end we had an argument where I still couldn't say what I had to say. This lack of communication meant we kept being angry and hurt. I also learnt that he had been keeping important health-related concerns from me, and I felt betrayed. We did eventually resolve our differences but this was truly a 3 of Swords moment for me: jealousy, feeling left out, heartache, betrayal.

2) After my ex broke up with me, I kept drawing the 3 of Swords. I was in complete denial of my grief; unsurprisingly, it turned out to mean that I had to acknowledge my heart was broken in order to heal.

Hope that helps!
carcinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
nicky 
Citizen

Saturn in Libra - Saturn wants to set limits and Libra wants to weigh every option. Very stressful situation. The card is often depicted as something one would see and rush off to the hospital but the real crisis is mental ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by patienceislove

so does this card say this person feels like u are gonna hurt them or that they are gonna hurt you?

Not sure how you worded the question when you drew the card...

either way the answer is sorting out communication to avoid the strife.

Old 15-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
WalesWoman 
Citizen

bittersweet... like when you love someone so much it hurts...

Old 16-06-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today