Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Dusk Till Dawn

Daemon Lover said:
Infinite Visions!

When I was looking through the cards I noticed that the beautiful Pre-Raphaelite images are all blurry! I feel really disappointed .
I don't know a bout the New editions, but my First is exactly the same way. So I second that wholeheartedly.

Daemon Lover

This is the new edition -the ones that are not laminated.

Nina*

Daemon Lover said:
This is the new edition -the ones that are not laminated.
Eeek... good to know! I was considering getting the second edition. Now I certainly won't. Thank you!

Dancing Bear

I have loads of Tarot decks i wish i hadnt bought, wish i could have seen a full scan of the entire deck before i bought them. Because there is always one card in a deck that spoils it for me. and i must be pedantic because i cant get past that one card LOL!!. Or the entire deck is just not really what i was looking for.
The biggest costing one i have bought and regretted was the Ancient Egyptian. Not that it is a massive price compared to a lot of the other decks out there. But big enough to really get annoyed.

Dusk Till Dawn

Nina* said:
Eeek... good to know! I was considering getting the second edition. Now I certainly won't. Thank you!
Same here! Thank you!!

Daemon Lover

Glad I could help....I knew I was resisting too long in buying this deck for some reason! Always listen to your intuition.

HuskyChariot

I was buying quite steadily up until I got a couple of disappointments in a row... the Kingdom Within and the Circle of Life didn't have the impact I've come to expect when first looking through the cards (although they arrived in the same box as the Tarot of the Sidhe so maybe they are disadvantaged by comparison).
I'm still expecting the Circle of Life to grow on me when I take some time to get to know it. But I'm struggling to understand why I bought the Kingdom Within. The artwork is quite crude and the colours are a bit of an assault in some cards. I think I was attracted to the unique modern take of some of the cards like the Lovers, but I've now learned I require beauty in the artwork as a pre-requisite for any deck I buy.... still learning.

graspee

We are lucky really as tarot people, having this great forum here, because if we get decks that we regret buying it's easy to find people who will trade with us or buy the decks we don't want. Also tarot cards can be worth holding onto even if you don't like them, as they may become valuable if they go out of print.

I seem to go through a period of regret with nearly every deck I buy; I like it so I buy it; It comes and I use it a lot in the first week; Then something puts me off it and I regret buying it and it goes in the cupboard; Later on I come back to it and see the value in it, sometimes after reading a post about it from someone here.

I agree with there being nearly always a card that you don't like in a deck. The latest one I found was The Prince of Sceptres in the Vampyre tarot. It's something about the way his body his arched and his muscles are drawn in his abdomen- it just looks wrong to me somehow and it irritates me every time I get it in a spread! I know that sounds silly, like I should be objecting say to the 3 of Pierced Swan in Shadowscapes or something (I actually don't, but I can see why people might), at least something with a real reason.

morticia monroe

Aulruna said:
Some are forced to live in very dark corners of my home though.

That cracked me up!

Aerin

OctoberGwen said:
I don't like the Thoth at all, which I thought made me a shallow twit. Thank God I'm not the only one! })

We've almost enough for a club now ;)