Everyday strength and confidence: what crystals do you use?

Labhraín

Hello everyone,

I have read many great threads here about protective crystals, crystals for confidence, black tourmaline, onyx, etc., for things like difficult co-workers, negative people or stressful environments, etc.

I was thinking of wearing a protective crystal at work. Sometimes I feel like I need some "shoring up" - strength-wise, confidence-wise, just something to reinforce you, you know? Something to wear everyday at work, or for times when you feel like you need some extra strengthening. I'm a thin-skinned person so I thought something to have around all the time would be good.

I have a lovely smokey quartz crystal pendant. Is that a good everyday strengthing stone? I have read that black tourmaline can be a bit too strong. What do you think of that stone and smokey quartz for that matter? I am looking for a stone that is good for long term use, not a stone that you would need for a particular situation or problem.

What do you use for strength and protection for an everyday stone?

Amatafrances

In my opinion there is not an "everyday energy stone" working for everybody, because the best thing to do is to choose one by color, with the vedic astrology, and to choose it by chemical composition too, using the data of minerals.
Personally, I use Moss Agate and Heliotrope, because they both are green Mercury stones (useful for mental work) and both are quartz (= global energy), and they contain the green chlorite (copper and iron = energy for the cardiovascular and immune systems).
They are wonderful aids, working quickly on the lymphatic system (energy for walking "with strong legs"), on the weather sensitivity (wellness in every season), and on a positive psycological attitude in general.
I always have these stones with me, in my bag, so that I can use them when it is necessary.
Ciao!

mechantfemme

I'm a big fan of hematite. It's grounding and is supposed to boost confidence. It's also very easy to find a good looking piece of jewelry that uses it.

fernwood

I wear a clear quartz crystal point and it has an amethyst ball at the top. I touch it when I need some extra energy to get through a rough patch or just need to say a prayer and hold it. I like how I feel calmer when I do that.

LeaRoseQuartz

Every three days, I pick a stone from my collection, to hold, when I can and I sleep with it. I have a small notebook, that I write in the name of the stone and the date, so I can keep track of it. You can choose the stone, based on the chakra, the season, the astrological sign at the time or because, you like the color. It also, gives each stone, some private time with me. The only problem, is, my collection is quite large, as I've been hoarding them for many years and I love every one of them! I have them, everywhere in my house, in different sizes and shapes. I also, have a small table, next to my spot on the sofa, that I keep stones, on a rotating basis, through the year, so I can hold them, from time to time.

LeaRoseQuartz

As for jewelry, you can choose your stone for the same reasons, as I mentioned above. Your smoky quartz pendant, is a good stone for negativity and grounding yourself. Black tourmaline, is an excellent stone for that, also.

allecto

I like smokey quartz, too. It's great for some shielding and grounding if you feel that you pick up on other people's energy more than you'd like. Rose quartz is also nice and gentle for every day but, like the others have said, your needs will change over time.

shelikes2read

I associate strength and self-confidence with the third chakra. You can google "chakras" and get info about their locations, associated colors, and the traits they govern.

The third chakra is yellow, is located at the navel/solar plexus, and here is its definition according to sacredcenters.com:

Chakra Three: Manipura
Fire, Ego identity, oriented to self-definition

This chakra is known as the power chakra, located in the solar plexus. It rules our personal power, will, and autonomy, as well as our metabolism. When healthy, this chakra brings us energy, effectiveness, spontaneity, and non-dominating power.

If I need a boost of any of the things that a particular chakra governs, I resort to a stone that's the color of, or is otherwise associated with, said chakra. So for confidence, my first choice would be a yellow stone like citrine. I even have one book that recommended wearing a citrine IN the navel (the location of the chakra) as needed for a boost of confidence or willpower. I'll leave that particular technique up to the discretion of the individual, however. ;)

Labhraín

Excellent information, everybody. I really have got a lot of information here. Thank you so much!