Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

casia 
Citizen

Empress and the Devil

How can these two cards relate to eachother?, in a relationship spread I figured it is an abusive partner that doesn't let you be. But then again who is abusing who???

The empress could bea mean and selfish, or the devil with all his passion and no limits could be persuing the creativeness of the empress. Could be good in this aspect....

Old 14-07-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
starrystarrynight 
Intolerance intolerant

The Empress is a sensual, fertile woman in her own right, so maybe the Devil brings out even more of her deep physical sexuality(?)...sex without procreation in mind?

Just an off-the-wall thought.

Old 14-07-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
hopena 
Citizen

I had this combination represent part of the reading on a "journey spread"; I would say a vacation, but the place they originally had in mind was no vacation (the Camino de Santiago). I thought it was weird that the Devil and the Empress would show up as the overall mood of that particular trip... they ended up going to Bangkok. (Prostitutes all over the place.)

I don't know if that was planned before or after my reading.

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves." ~Victor Frankl
hopena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
nisaba 
Tarot-Tart

I just had a feeling that sometimes the Empress is about abundance and the Devil is a warning to rein yourself in a bit, so could it be a caution to put the brakes on for a while? Maybe in sex, but also financially, emotionally, or even taking on more activities than you can really balance?
nisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
casia 
Citizen

Could they be addicted to eachother???? could this be only a physical thing??? To rein yourself is a good idea because another card in the spread was the 9 of swords. So this could definately be a relationship of a strong addictive, passionate attraction that is going through a painful moment.....

Thank you all!!

Old 15-07-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
SunChariot 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by casia
How can these two cards relate to eachother?, in a relationship spread I figured it is an abusive partner that doesn't let you be. But then again who is abusing who???

The empress could bea mean and selfish, or the devil with all his passion and no limits could be persuing the creativeness of the empress. Could be good in this aspect....
Well it depends a lot on how you see the cards. To me the Devil simply means being tempted to do something, often something that you know is not in your best interest (like cheating on your diet) but not exclusively. it basically just means being tempted by something or someone. And yes lust. It often means lust and physical attraction as well.

The Empress is giving, kind, nurturing, caring, ...

So to me it could likely say that the person is a good lover, good in bed, unselfish, really cares about their partner and the experince they are having, often puts the other person's needs before their own...etc.just want to make their partner happy.

Or just if there is something else that the couple is tempted to do...that the person who is the Empress would be supportive of it and caring and nurture their partners needs.

Babs

"Love this world with the joy of a child, because anything else is only make believe"
(told to me in a meditation)

Last edited by SunChariot; 16-07-2010 at 15:10.
SunChariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
SunChariot 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrystarrynight
The Empress is a sensual, fertile woman in her own right, so maybe the Devil brings out even more of her deep physical sexuality(?)...sex without procreation in mind?

Just an off-the-wall thought.
That also makes a lot of sense.

Babs

"Love this world with the joy of a child, because anything else is only make believe"
Old 16-07-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
casia 
Citizen

Sun chariot

Thankyou that makes a lot of sense....

Old 17-07-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
WalesWoman 
Citizen

A mommie who can't let go... takes the over bearing, over protective mama bear to the next level. Mother from Hell

Or Motherhood is like the Devil in " can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em", but that is more Empress/Hanged Man than Empress/Devil... could be unwanted pregnancy, but you keep it.

Dang, it's been forever, so now I can't remember the correct title... Mary's Baby. Spawned from Hell.

Old 17-07-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
SunChariot 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by casia
Sun chariot

Thankyou that makes a lot of sense....
You're welcome, always here to try and help.

Babs

Old 17-07-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today