The Book of the Law Study Group 2.61

Aeon418

61 = AIN.

The light mentioned here suggests to me the light of Nuit mentioned in AL I:9 that is shed over the worshippers of the khabs.

Undesired, most desirable? My guess is NOX / LVX. The Light is perceived as LVX by the mind below the abyss. Above the abyss, beyond the intellect, it is NOX. I'm also reminded of Crowley's comments on the Priestess/path of Gimel in the Book of Thoth.
The card represents the most spiritual form of Isis the Eternal Virgin; the Artemis of the Greeks. She is clothed only in the luminous veil of light. It is important for high initiation to regard Light not as the perfect manifestation of the Eternal Spirit, but rather as the veil which hides that Spirit. It does so all the more effectively because of its incomparably dazzling brilliance. Thus she is light and the body of light. She is the truth behind the veil of light. She is the soul of light. Upon her knees is the bow of Artemis, which is also a musical instrument, for she is huntress, and hunts by enchantment.
Now, regard this idea as from behind the Veil of Light, the third Veil of the original Nothing.

Always Wondering

It is important for high initiation to regard Light not as the perfect manifestation of the Eternal Spirit, but rather as the veil which hides that Spirit.

I never really understood this before.
This has been a difficult verse for me as it has the effect of putting me in touch with my duality and my brain doesn't want to go there. :laugh:

AW

Grigori

It may be out of context a bit for this chapter, but the light undesirable/most desired reminds me of descriptions of Nuit from chapter 1, and also Crowley's initial aversion to the Book of the Law.