Necronomicon Tarot -- Nine of Disks

Myrrha

Nine of Disks -- Fulfillment of Earth

At first I didn't like this card much. It doesn't have the emphasis on independence and self-sufficiency that I see in the RWS image. The necromancer needs the ghost to tell him where the treasure is and he can't even dig a hole by himself.

Putting that aside, I see the idea of practical gain. Something that might ordinarily be a not very profitable way to spend time, talking to a ghost, has practical value.

I can see this card coming up in readings where you are wondering whether doing something will be worth the effort in any practical sense. It doesn't have to be literal riches but the card seems to show that an activity will prove useful in some practical way, or that you should focus on making it useful in a practical way.

It is interesting that it is the Elder Seal that symbolizes treasure here. Perhaps this means that although you could read it as material wealth it could also be knowledge of the Old Ones and of the truths hidden behind reality that is the treasure.

cybermancer

Led by the ghost to the digging spot, assisted by the ghoul to unearth the strongbox containing the medallion of the Elder Seal, the necromancer looks positively thrilled to have found this great treasure.

As Myrrha states, here we see a deviation from the traditional RWS concept of independence and self-sufficiency. What I really like about this card is the very clear and strong message of the fruits of collaboration.

We may achieve many goals on our own in life. However, there are many opportunities to achieve even loftier goals through collaboration with other like-minded individuals. Together, a greater treasure is usually found.

The necromancer's quest in the Suit of Disks in the Necronomicon Tarot is to understand and master the power of the Elder Seal. By aid of his ghoul servant and the ghost under his command, he is one step closer to his goal.

The wealth obtained here is the medallion of the Elder Seal...a necessary protection charm when invoking the Old Ones whose summoning rites are contained within the Necronomicon. The necromancer has made a wise decision to seek aid to obtain this necessary tool for to face the Old Ones without such protection would surely lead to a grisly fate.