It's the all singing, all dancing enabling Thread #3

tarotmama

nisaba said:
I don't own it, but I've been thinking about it, too. It seems to glossy and colourful and precise, and the Asianness of it is appealing, especially as it doesn't seem to have been Manga-infected.

Tell you what - you get it, then enable me on it properly!

LOL. Oh so THAT's how I'm going to justify my tarot spending from now on. :D

I haven't clicked "check out" yet, but only because I'm filling my cart with books too. Oh my.

Probie

To Osho or not to Osho: Help with my card study project

I'm trying to make a decision about a deck that I removed from the Amazon cart & put in the "save for later" pile. I would be using it for my deck study project that I do at home & chronicle on Youtube (non-paid level) where I take one card at a time and run through all the different views of it based on the various Schools of Tarot interpretation.

Links to Youtube videos removed by Probie in compliance with AT rules.

I was thinking of moving in the Osho Zen Deck to bolster either the Integrationist decks or the Psychological/Archetypal (I let the deck tell me which school it belongs to) as I don't have as many examples in that area. So I wanted to get some pros-cons on the deck for that purpose.

So while hilarious attacks & compliments on the Osho will be appreciated, I was also wondering how helpful it would be for this spiritual exercise of mine as well as making these ideas available to the broader community. I will post this on both the enabling & de-enabling threads to allow for as much wisdom from the community as possible.

Probie

To be public with this, I did apologize to the mods for posting links to my Youtube vids. As an non-partner & no desire to be one, I didn't realize this was still promotion on the forums. Mea culpa and will try not to do such things again.

My apology to you all as well.

Glitterbird

I love my Osho Zen, I find it to be truthful. It's enlighting and easy to read. I use it when spiritual guidance is needed. It gives me a different outlook from other decks.

FaireMaiden

Golden or Touchstone

Okay... which one do I get? I've wanted the Golden forever, but now I'm thinking the Touchstone. The thing is, I like the Golden better... I think, *lol*.

Can someone please extol the virtues of these two decks so I can make up my mind once and for all?!? Thanks, *vvvbs*

strings of life

Enabling needed. Fast! I'd have to act today. Should I get The Secret Tarot (LoS)? I like the moody theme of this gothic-style deck as well as the comic book-like charm, but that Stength card makes me cringe (Thothy in a bad way). So do others. But some of them draw me in. I've been on the fence for a while on this one.

Alta

I saw your post in the de-enabling thread and had to come here. The deck probably appeals to a quite specific audience. It is a 'cool', slightly detached deck. Maybe one of those 'cock and eyebrow and gaze ironically at the human condition' sort of decks. If you like Neil Gaiman (& I do) it is one of those decks that just sort of slip off the reality track. Everything looks normal and then, what! what is that???!

The colour palette is limited, making it quite atmospheric and the drawing is oddly flat, contributing to the vague other-worldliness of the images.

I like it, in fact for me it is one of LS's best decks.

Alta

FaireMaiden said:
Okay... which one do I get? I've wanted the Golden forever, but now I'm thinking the Touchstone. The thing is, I like the Golden better... I think, *lol*.

Can someone please extol the virtues of these two decks so I can make up my mind once and for all?!? Thanks, *vvvbs*
Well, to be honest I rather dislike both decks. But, to enable: I saw a post somewhere where they said that they had spent a good many hours with the Touchstone, and that finally they had became very aware of why Kat had chosen each portrait for each card and that then the deck became very speaking. So, I gather it just takes some time and probably a certain liking for portraiture.

Vesper

Touchstone or Golden

The Golden has lovely gilt edges, comes in a sturdy, handsome box with a bound companion book that fits in it, has heavy, matte-finish cards, and beautifully colored collage art from the middle ages.

Since most painting from that time was religious in theme, it has very spiritual/Christian tones. It's a classic, and very readable if you're used to a Rider Waite Smith system.

I haven't seen the Touchstone, but I think I might have problems with a deck that is all portraits. I notice that a feeling of isolation and loneliness will sometimes creep over me if I am using a deck with many cards that depict a solitary figure, and not many cards showing couples or groups.

strings of life

Alta said:
Well, to be honest I rather dislike both decks. But, to enable: I saw a post somewhere where they said that they had spent a good many hours with the Touchstone, and that finally they had became very aware of why Kat had chosen each portrait for each card and that then the deck became very speaking. So, I gather it just takes some time and probably a certain liking for portraiture.
I took the risk :). Dear minrice has the deck for sale in the trading forum for a mere $10. Thanks for enabling me. I had to act fast.