The Book of the Law Study Group 2.63

Always Wondering

I just love this word "laughterful".

I know in my head this verse is a reference to Kundilini and or Pranayama, but I don't really get it. The words "exhust" and "expiration" make me feel very immaterial though.

AW

Grigori

I like that too, its a nice word.

I'm seeing pairs, "inspiration" perhaps as Nuit, and "expiration" as Hadit. I can't say why I think that, it just feels right to me.

Always Wondering

I have been wondering why "Hell's own worm" instead of Hell's own serpent which would be a closer reference to Kundalini. So I googled it and it turns out there is a reference to worms in hell in Mark 9:43-47. I didn't remember this if I was ever taught about it in Bible school. I can't make any great Qabalah type connection between Kundalini and plucking out one's eye and cutting off one's hand, but it seems kind of Chapter Threeish to me.

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
I have been wondering why "Hell's own worm" instead of Hell's own serpent which would be a closer reference to Kundalini. So I googled it and it turns out there is a reference to worms in hell in Mark 9:43-47.
The worms in Mark are the same as those originally mentioned in Issiah 66:24.
And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
The place where the "transgression" took place was the Valley of Hinnon, from which the word Gehanna (Hell) is derived. The Valley of Hinnon was associated with the worship of "false gods" until it was sacked by Josiah and the heathens were put to the sword. After that the valley is supposed to have become a kind of dump for all sorts of crap and fires where constantly burnt there.

Now try thinking about the Valley of Hinnon as a metaphor for your own unconscious and Hell's own Worm might start to make sense. ;)

Always Wondering

Oh. :laugh: I overlooked the obvious again.

Aeon418 said:
The worms in Mark are the same as those originally mentioned in Issiah 66:24.

The place where the "transgression" took place was the Valley of Hinnon, from which the word Gehanna (Hell) is derived. The Valley of Hinnon was associated with the worship of "false gods" until it was sacked by Josiah and the heathens were put to the sword. After that the valley is supposed to have become a kind of dump for all sorts of crap and fires where constantly burnt there.

This is very interesting. I did see the word Hinnon during my search but I didn't know enough to make the connection.

Well, I rather like this verse then. And I think I understand how Grigori got his feeling of pairs. It seems so basic, and perfectly natural and wonderful, logos. But I was taught so differently that my brain denies it almost as soon as I grasp it.

AW

Aeon418

Grigori said:
I like that too, its a nice word.
I'm going to be different and vote for "voluptuous". I love that word. :)

Aeon418

Voluptuous fullness and caresses suggest a very physical, sensual, almost sexual nature to this verse which once again points toward the K&C theme begun several verses ago. The in and out motion of the breath has a very sexual conotation also. Or maybe I've just got that kind of mind...... :laugh:

Going back to what Grigori about seeing pairs, I would agree. But it's opposites making one complete thing. The mind naturally sees two discreet things, but from the perspective of the Angel there is only one thing. I find that quite interesting in relation to the verse number, 63. Is this pointing to the path between spheres 6 and 3 ? Usually this is a path of division, but what happens if you are making the reverse journey to Briatic consciousness. (see AL I:29-30);)

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
Voluptuous fullness and caresses suggest a very physical, sensual, almost sexual nature to this verse which once again points toward the K&C theme begun several verses ago. The in and out motion of the breath has a very sexual conotation also. Or maybe I've just got that kind of mind...... :laugh:

Of course, one can't be laughterful if they aren't voluptuous. In my mind anyway. But I might never breath the same again. :laugh:

Aeon418 said:
Going back to what Grigori about seeing pairs, I would agree. But it's opposites making one complete thing. The mind naturally sees two discreet things, but from the perspective of the Angel there is only one thing. I find that quite interesting in relation to the verse number, 63. Is this pointing to the path between spheres 6 and 3 ? Usually this is a path of division, but what happens if you are making the reverse journey to Briatic consciousness. (see AL I:29-30);)

I was thinking duality with the pairs, but I was afraid if I wrote that or thought on it to hard my mind would go blank before I finished posting. :laugh: It is greying out right now trying to concieve of a reverse Briatic journey so I got to go breath. Oh wait. . . Shoot. I better go find a heavy rock or hug a tree or something. :|

AW