Does anyone here use a chakra balancing wand?

shelikes2read

Does anyone here use a chakra balancing wand? I'm talking about an item similar to this: http://www.awesomeuniverse.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/div_chakrawand_bg.jpg which can be used to help balance the chakras, among other things.

I'm considering making wands to sell. I just thought I'd run the concept by anyone here who has, or wants to have, such a wand, and ask them what exactly they look for if they were to purchase a wand like that. Or, for that matter, are there any other types of wand that people here like to use?

I figure I'd ask the people who actually use such tools what they're looking for when they select a wand. What materials would you like to see used to make a wand? What length(s) suit you best? Any suggestions will be helpful. That way, I'll have an idea how best to make them, so that people are getting the kind of tool they actually want to have and use.

Thanks in advance. :)

AJ

That is lovely.
Haven't got a clue how they work, can you expand on that a bit?

celticnoodle

ditto to AJs post.

i've never seen a chakra balancing wand before, or don't think i have! it's very pretty.

i've never really heard of such a thing, so I'm going to google and see what i can find out about it.

i think for myself, if i were interested in such an item, i'd like it to be eye appealing, and colorful, like this wand. something fairly light, but also not anything that will break the bank. also something that is easy to carry--perhaps something that would fit easily into a purse. perhaps around the same cost as a typical tarot deck--$25.00 to $40.00 US dollars, perhaps. just my input at this time.

thanks for sharing! :D

shelikes2read

First of all, about chakras: they are energy centers in the body that it's good to keep open and balanced, as they regulate energy flow. Here's a great short explanation of them, including their corresponding colors and a description of their location and functions: http://www.sacredcenters.com/chakras

There are lots of other chakras, of which I only know a few, but it's these seven that the stones on the chakra balancing wand correspond to. (Which is why I thought this would be an appropriate thread for the Crystals forum.) Stones that correspond to the color of the chakra are often used to help boost its function or clear it of blockages.

There is also an eighth chakra that I like to focus on when I'm working with them. Here's a page that tells about it: http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/eighth-chakra.html Its location is 6 inches to 2 feet above the crown chakra (above the head, in other words), I've seen its color listed as wither white or ultraviolet, and my goal is to put a stone or bead to correspond to it, as well, when I make these wands.

As one of the sites that sells this sort of wand says, "The purpose of the Chakra Balancer is to realign and balance the energy fields of each specific chakra, thus aligning and harmonizing mind, body, and soul. It will aid in dissolving stress, removing blocks and an overall sense of better health, joy and abundance".

I have an email out to a site that fabricates quartz rods (for stirring molten metal) and says they'll make the rods to custom lengths. Well, their standard length is 4 feet long, so I'd certainly need them cut down to a smaller size. If the price is affordable, I'll use quartz rods to make the body of the wand. If it's more than I can afford, I'll do like many other sites do and make them with glass rods.

If I win the ebay auction I've got an eye on, I'll have clear quartz spheres (again with the spheres, lol) for the ends. Question for any jewelry-makers on here: what procedure would you recommend for attaching a sphere to the end of a rod? I have an idea or two, but I also have zero training in jewelry making so if I'm left to my own devices, it'll end up being something that looks like nothing anyone's ever seen. ;)

AJ

Hi Love, I think we know what chakras are and where, my query is what we'd do with the wand itself.
Wave it in the air, stick it in our socks? :)

It does sound like a very creative and exciting project!

shelikes2read

AJ said:
Hi Love, I think we know what chakras are and where, my query is what we'd do with the wand itself.
Wave it in the air, stick it in our socks? :)

It does sound like a very creative and exciting project!
LOL. One way that I've seen it used is to touch the tip of the wand to the chakra area itself. Rotate clockwise to open the chakra, counterclockwise to close it (if, in fact, it's TOO open and that's part of the problem). Sending the energy of the corresponding stone on the wand into the chakra can help matters, too.

In the absence of a wand, if you've got a plain quartz point, that can also be used. Program the crystal or place a stone that corresponds to the chakra in question at the base of the quartz point and use it to direct energy accordingly.

celticnoodle

shelikes2read said:
LOL. One way that I've seen it used is to touch the tip of the wand to the chakra area itself. Rotate clockwise to open the chakra, counterclockwise to close it (if, in fact, it's TOO open and that's part of the problem). Sending the energy of the corresponding stone on the wand into the chakra can help matters, too.

In the absence of a wand, if you've got a plain quartz point, that can also be used. Program the crystal or place a stone that corresponds to the chakra in question at the base of the quartz point and use it to direct energy accordingly.
ah! now that sounds reasonable. I don't know a lot about the chakras and such, but yes, I can see now why one would use a chakra wand, and I did do a bit of exploring for these, finding them in various sizes and prices.

what a wonderful idea, shelikes2read! it think this is a very cool enterprise to get in on. I've found a variety of chakra wands online now, and I really liked one that gave specific stones to use for each chakra. it was contained in a glass tube like--and in order of the chakras too. it was really very pretty with the various stones. and now that you describe how it is to be used, it makes perfect sense. thank you for the description, and i hope you will keep us posted on it, if you continue to follow this idea and make them.

AJ

Celtic and I hog floor...:)
I wonder if it would be more clear if you made a

ta da...
chakra key

Find a restoration store and grab some of those giant skeleton keys. I've seen stacks of them at the shop in downtown Portland Oregon. You could sell them as a set, we could then choose the key we needed each day :)

Three of Coins going on here.

I've seen chakras represented by just about anything with the right color, the key head could be beaded rather than stoned? Keys with tassels say "buy me!"

SakuraFae

AJ said:
Celtic and I hog floor...:)
I wonder if it would be more clear if you made a

ta da...
chakra key

Find a restoration store and grab some of those giant skeleton keys. I've seen stacks of them at the shop in downtown Portland Oregon. You could sell them as a set, we could then choose the key we needed each day :)

Three of Coins going on here.

I've seen chakras represented by just about anything with the right color, the key head could be beaded rather than stoned? Keys with tassels say "buy me!"

I've been watching with curiousity. I was also wondering what to do with the wand. Display it on my work desk, wave it in the air mid day to clear out and reground.. etc. I've seen the small necklace chakra wands and have liked them. I'm just afraid to wear them.. I'm pretty tough on stuff.

I would definitely love an old skeleton chakra key! Very interesting!

shelikes2read

The key idea sounds great! I've got some quartz points that I won on eBay, and some quartz spheres that I stand a chance of winning on eBay as well, so wand materials are coming together. If the spheres purchase falls through, I'm not averse to making wands with quartz points at both ends, as we are supposed to have energy moving both ways through our real chakras anyway. But I'm the one who started the Sphere Addiction thread, so you can guess that I'm hoping to win that particular auction. ;)

And you're right, it needn't be specific gems -- anything of the correct color will do. Some of the available wands use Swarovski crystals or beads, rather than gems. I"m a novice at wire-wrapping, so I might end up doing the same.

But those quartz rods are looking affordable now -- I heard back from the supplier and if I end up using beads for the chakra colors instead of minerals, I'll still have a selling point if I have quartz rods rather than glass for the wand body.

As for the keys -- I can see where I could cover a key with seed beads. I think the stitch I'd want to use is the peyote stitch, but I have to go through my beading books to be sure. That would definitely be a fascinating thing to make. Thanks for the suggestion!