Mars in Gemini, let lose the voice of hell

paradoxx

pov on mars in gemini placements

Active, Nerve wracked, unable to stay still or sleep easily. Mars in Gemini is not always a guarantee of athletics (track runner, football, soccer, baseball), but does sequence a quick minded, quick to answer, quick to question. Military minded and objective oriented, when results are not established, a war of identity moves forth. Calm nerves and a stable mind are necessary for this sign placement to achieve and capitalize.

anyone else have opinions on Mars Gemini views.

AmethystEyes

I know a guy with this. He is very restless and very witty, has a harsh tongue, I love it :laugh:

Professor X

My Mars is in Gemini as well,not only that it is near the midheaven in my chart,plus it is square the sun and the moon.

As you can probaly guess I have a overabundance of energy for physical and mental matters. A lot of times I need to steady myself in order to get things done. Having all that energy is good but it must be directed.

FaireMaiden

Probably the placement of a newsroom, *lol*. Good place for journalists... news constantly changing keeping that energy moving with one excitement after another... running hither and yon chasing down one story after another... the ability to disseminate that information. A 'gossip columnist's' dream placement, *lol*.

The constant dripping faucet... can't turn off that mental switch to save one's life... probably needs a couple of scotches to even remotely calm down, *lol*.

GoddessArtemis

I knew someone with Mars in Gemini...ick.

Didn't find her quick in thought (Capricorn Mercury might have been the problem), was sometimes witty but was mostly abrupt and careless in what she said. Too agitated as a person, nervous, anxious, didn't know what she wanted from the very basics in life onwards...and wasn't trustworthy. The other signs in her chart were decent enough, so I gathered it's the Mars in Gemini that made her such a wisy/washy, all-over-the-place person.

Also, she was not athletic at ALL.

GA

LovelyMissAries

Fairmaden and GoddessArtemis have described me in a nutshell.

Some days I curse my Mars in Gemini. Not only am I sometimes careless with the things I say but compounding on my Mercury in Aries, it seems I blurt out hurtful things before my brain has a chance to censor itself. I'm so self-conscious about whatever I'm thinking/saying that I turn into a mute around strangers/newcomers. It takes a VERY patient person to understand us, methinks. Oh, but don't argue with me. Just don't. I will leave you ragged and confused as well as myself.

Fairemaden is right though. I can't turn off my mind to save my own hide and my friends are always telling me to "RELAX!" "STOP OVERANALYZING". I'm like "Uh, I can't help that I was born neurotic." I have Gemini rising and Jupiter in Gemini as well. The plus side is with all the energy we put into analyzing whatever, I think we have a very, very good ability to quickly understand who a person is at their core. It's not the same as being able to read people, but it's helpful nonetheless.

See? Look. I just turned this into a way too long explanation.

P.S... I'm majoring in Journalism, :)

ETA: In Vedic astrology, Mars in Gemini equates to having Mars in Taurus. That would explain why some Mars in Gemini are not athletic at all, and very "mental". Taurus' also analyze things to death so it's almost a double-whammy.

Cactus

Oh, yes, I can tell you that Mars in Gemini is truly the voice of hell. Well, not all the time, but when pushed to explain myself, I can do it and do it well. It's when I explain too much that I catch myself and realize that the person I'm speaking to is really sick of me talking.

I'm trying not to hate this placement. This is because I have Gemini rising, Sun AND Mercury in Gemini as well as Mars in Gem. It's absolutely ridiculous.

AND my Sun and Mars (in Gem) are conjunct my Asc (in Gem.) Also, my Sun is conjunct both Merc and Mars. Almost everything Gemini in my chart is conjunct.

I find if I focus on the Gemini in my chart, I realize I don't like it. I have to try SO hard not to over-talk or overanalyze things. I can verbally kick your @ss if you try to argue with me or debate something. The kicker is that I can do it EVEN IF I'M WRONG! I can state it to make it seem like I'm right (probably because I'm so good at getting to the bottom of an issue that I can pull through some nuances that actually ARE correct, then make them seem important to the issue, thus make it seem like I'm right.) God, it's terrible.

It helps me to be humble and let things go. It also helps me to remember that I am not just an air-ruled chart. I am extremely affected by the Moon and Neptune and am so empathic and compassionate that I almost cannot handle it. I have this watery influence that softens the air and makes me just as watery as airy.

I guess what I'm saying is that "on paper" my chart looks quite airy and Gemini-ruled. But going deeper to see the less obvious reveals the watery influence (and a good balance of fire and earth as well.)

My daughter is the opposite - her chart, by glancing at all the planets in the signs, is completely ruled by the Moon & Neptune, having 4 planets in Cancer and 2 in Pisces, with barely any air.

But going further, it turns out that she has just as much air as she does water. It boggles my mind (as I'm not a professional astrologer) how charts that look one way can be broken down by professional astrologers to reveal other influences.

Well, see? Gemini at it's best here. This reply can go on for days if I don't end it now.

FaireMaiden

Cactus said:
I'm trying not to hate this placement. This is because I have Gemini rising, Sun AND Mercury in Gemini as well as Mars in Gem. It's absolutely ridiculous. AND my Sun and Mars (in Gem) are conjunct my Asc (in Gem.) Also, my Sun is conjunct both Merc and Mars. Almost everything Gemini in my chart is conjunct.

I find if I focus on the Gemini in my chart, I realize I don't like it. I have to try SO hard not to over-talk or overanalyze things. I can verbally kick your @ss if you try to argue with me or debate something. The kicker is that I can do it EVEN IF I'M WRONG! I can state it to make it seem like I'm right (probably because I'm so good at getting to the bottom of an issue that I can pull through some nuances that actually ARE correct, then make them seem important to the issue, thus make it seem like I'm right.) God, it's terrible.

Sounds like you'd make a great speech-writer, *s*.

Cactus said:
It helps me to be humble and let things go.

Good attitude and advice for us all! 'Experience' helps us learn to choose when, where, and with whom we share our 'pearls of wisdom'... otherwise, our energy is spent, literally and figuratively, in a fruitless endeavor.

Cactus said:
It also helps me to remember that I am not just an air-ruled chart. I am extremely affected by the Moon and Neptune and am so empathic and compassionate that I almost cannot handle it. I have this watery influence that softens the air and makes me just as watery as airy.

Again, very good for speech-writing... touching the hearts of the people, whilst making one's case, is an ability to be proud of. 'Force' may get folk to comply thru coercion but, touch their hearts and minds, and they will follow willingly.

Cactus said:
I guess what I'm saying is that "on paper" my chart looks quite airy and Gemini-ruled. But going deeper to see the less obvious reveals the watery influence (and a good balance of fire and earth as well.)

It boggles my mind (as I'm not a professional astrologer) how charts that look one way can be broken down by professional astrologers to reveal other influences.

I'm glad you understand this and pointed it out. Astrology is VERY deep... a state of affairs that I don't think many people understand at all. It takes not only technique, but experience, to be able to read a Chart well. One can liken 'technique' to textbook learning... of which all scholars, in every field of endeavor, must attend as the first hurdle. 'Experience', tho, is what lends Astrology to becoming 'Art'. One knows the 'rules' so well that they can be set aside, so-to-speak, to let their 'intuition' guide them in deeper deliniation.

Cactus said:
Well, see? Gemini at it's best here. This reply can go on for days if I don't end it now.

*lol*... you like to talk, is all. You like to communicate with others. You like to hear your own intellectually compassionate views put out there because, once spoken, it makes them more real, more tangilble, somehow; and helps serve to point out their veracity or no... a good learning tool for you.

It's not a cardinal sin to be so blessed, *lol*. Where would Oprah be without it? Larry King? Every Op-Ed writer, politician, and religious leader in the known Universe? *lol*. I know people who can't put a coherent sentence together, and have to deal with them on a daily basis... as do so many of us, *ugh*. Personally, I'd much rather talk with someone like you than talk with them, *vbs*... an exchange that is stimulating and keeps one on their toes!

Much better to appreciate this 'gift' you have than denigrate it as a kind of 'curse'. Learning to choose when to put it to good use, when to let it 'shine like the sun', is the trick to turning what seems a curse into feeling it to be the blessing it truly is, *s*.

AmethystEyes

Something funny I just realized, two people I know with close birthdays have it yet I only really see it in one, I guess the rest of the chart makes it less obvious for the other.

LovelyMissAries

Cactus said:
I can verbally kick your @ss if you try to argue with me or debate something. The kicker is that I can do it EVEN IF I'M WRONG!

LOL, wonderful ability isn't it?