Sun+Moon+Rising Sign Combo?

Perris

I have aquarius sun, pisces moon, and cancer rising and it is such a messed up combination - does anybody else think so? On top of that weird mix, my whole chart is ruled by saturn and capricorn. Ugh. The problem is I LOVE MY FREEDOM but have this weird urge to want to be in a relationship at the same time and it never works. Whats weirder is that I don't understand emotions and yet have all these emotional outbursts which causes a guilt trip which causes disgust which in turn ends up in distancing myself from the situation/person/place forever. I don't even know if I make sense right now but thats the way it is. I am talker but I HATE talking, I feel like my whole energy got drained when I talk and hide away for weeks when this happens. I guess the only thing I am really blessed with is Focus... otherwise I am a walking contradiction!!!

sapienza

Firstly, there are not many charts I've seen that aren't full of contradictions. That's what makes people interesting. :)

Can I just ask, how do you determine that your chart is ruled by Saturn and Capricorn? I alway view the 'ruler' of the chart as the planet that rules the Ascendant, which in your case would be the Moon.

Also, it might be interesting to look at the chart in terms of WHERE the planets are (which house they are in) and what connections they make with one another (aspects), rather than just which sign they are in. I have found this approach the most enlightening when it came to understanding my own contradictions.

Bernice

Can I just ask, how do you determine that your chart is ruled by Saturn and Capricorn? I alway view the 'ruler' of the chart as the planet that rules the Ascendant, which in your case would be the Moon.
I wonder if Perris means Dispositor(s)?

Bee :)

GoddessArtemis

Perris said:
I have aquarius sun, pisces moon, and cancer rising and it is such a messed up combination - does anybody else think so? On top of that weird mix, my whole chart is ruled by saturn and capricorn. Ugh. The problem is I LOVE MY FREEDOM but have this weird urge to want to be in a relationship at the same time and it never works. Whats weirder is that I don't understand emotions and yet have all these emotional outbursts which causes a guilt trip which causes disgust which in turn ends up in distancing myself from the situation/person/place forever. I don't even know if I make sense right now but thats the way it is. I am talker but I HATE talking, I feel like my whole energy got drained when I talk and hide away for weeks when this happens. I guess the only thing I am really blessed with is Focus... otherwise I am a walking contradiction!!!
Your Cancer rising (all emotional) suffocates your more cerebral sun sign in Aquarius. The Pisces moon makes you sensitive, but prone to contradictory mood swings. I'm not sure where your Capricorn influence is...but it opposes your rising in Cancer, so you'll feel conflict internally and externally. This is not degree/house-specific info...I'm going by my intuition, what you've shared, and my own experiences with the signs. But these feelings of contradiction you feel are true for most of us (which I realize doesn't help to hear, but it is true!). :)

The other thing I've noticed is that you are born on the 7th...me, too (different month). The number 7 is a highly spiritual number and one on the path of spiritual exploration...one who craves emotional closeness (7 being the number of The Chariot in tarot - ruled by Cancer), yet meant to learn/seek/focus on sprituality above all else...whether we like it or not, and mostly through inner emotional struggles (which sucks, quite honestly :D). I have yet to know a person born on the 7th who doesn't feel this contradictory "tug" between emotions, personal space, and need for closeness/yet fighting it. I'm fairly certain some individuals here who are born on the 7th (or 25 or 16...both adding up to 7s) will speak up and say it's otherwise for them...but from the MANY individuals born on the 7th that I know (and pure 7s seem to experience this most strongly, from what I've seen) I'm here to tell you - we feel your pain!

GA

Minderwiz

sapienza said:

Bernice said:
I wonder if Perris means Dispositor(s)?

The trouble is that there is no agreed definition of 'chart ruler'. I've come across quite a lot, though the phrase 'chart ruler' is a fairly modern one. Traditional Astrologers talked of 'Lord (or Lady) of the Geniture' (for natal charts) or 'Almuten of the chart.'. But again there are several different ways of calculating each of these terms.

Final Dispositorship is also a fairly modern term. Although traditional sources talk of 'dispositing' but I've not seen texts that refer to a 'final' dispositor. Nevertheless tracing rulerships through the chart is a useful process.

I've also seen planets that are conjunct the Ascendant referred to as the chart ruler, so you pay your money......

In a nativity, it's certainly worth considering the rulers of Ascendant, Sun and Moon and/or their almutens (for example the alumten of the Ascendant would be the planet with the greatest essential dignity at the zodiacal degree where the Ascendant falls). Almuten's are often the same as the ruler but that is not always the case by any means.

Perris

GoddessArtemis said:
Your Cancer rising (all emotional) suffocates your more cerebral sun sign in Aquarius. The Pisces moon makes you sensitive, but prone to contradictory mood swings. I'm not sure where your Capricorn influence is...but it opposes your rising in Cancer, so you'll feel conflict internally and externally. This is not degree/house-specific info...I'm going by my intuition, what you've shared, and my own experiences with the signs. But these feelings of contradiction you feel are true for most of us (which I realize doesn't help to hear, but it is true!). :)

The other thing I've noticed is that you are born on the 7th...me, too (different month). The number 7 is a highly spiritual number and one on the path of spiritual exploration...one who craves emotional closeness (7 being the number of The Chariot in tarot - ruled by Cancer), yet meant to learn/seek/focus on sprituality above all else...whether we like it or not, and mostly through inner emotional struggles (which sucks, quite honestly :D). I have yet to know a person born on the 7th who doesn't feel this contradictory "tug" between emotions, personal space, and need for closeness/yet fighting it. I'm fairly certain some individuals here who are born on the 7th (or 25 or 16...both adding up to 7s) will speak up and say it's otherwise for them...but from the MANY individuals born on the 7th that I know (and pure 7s seem to experience this most strongly, from what I've seen) I'm here to tell you - we feel your pain!

GA

You are very accurate. There is definitely a contradiction internally and externally with me... and I am therefore very much the chariot, trying to balance the white and the dark horse :) Thanks.

GoddessArtemis

Perris said:
You are very accurate. There is definitely a contradiction internally and externally with me... and I am therefore very much the chariot, trying to balance the white and the dark horse :) Thanks.
You're welcome. :)

GA