Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Fairytale Tarot (MRP) -- Justice

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Fairytale Tarot

Citizen

Master_Margarita 
Citizen

Fairytale Tarot (MRP) -- Justice

This card is explicated by the Grimm Brothers tale of The Juniper Tree, which can be found in its entirely here. I note that the companion book to this deck urges us to read the original tale because the author feels it is hard to get a flavor of the tale from the summary.

This isn't a very well-known tale as far as I know. I was totally unfamiliar with it before I began my study of this deck. It's quite artfully told at the link above.

This tale is a revenge fantasy. It is particularly cruel in the way the mother makes her own daughter believe she killed her half-brother, nauseating in the way the father relishes the stew that, unbeknownst to him is his own son, and sickeningly satisfying in the way that the wicked mother is terrorized with a consciousness of doom before she is killed by a falling millstone (a very fairy-tale way to die, I might add). What's really interesting is the extreme power of the tree.

With this story, the Old Testament notion of an eye-for-an-eye is highlighted as the meaning of this card. In sunnier contexts, of course, it can mean just rewards for virtue (although we have all been told that virtue is its own reward).

M_M~
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.