Tarot Erotica (by Lori Walls) - Empress 3

September Pixie

Next Card: :)

The Empress (3)

Imagery:
Can be seen here: http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/e-decks/eroticacards.gif

Largely pregnant woman knitting, looking down at a couple having missionary position sex.. She is sitting on a crescent moon shaped throne.. Lots of green, yellow, and purple in this card. There is a white horn (something like a unicorn's horn), pillar, or cone off to the left side.. inside her throne looks like peacock feathers..

My take on the card:
Green and yellow representing growth, healing, and rebirth? Purple representing the psyche & deity aspect of this card. Knitting the threads of life? Her pregnancy is also a symbol.. of birth, rebirth, and creation. I have a feeling the horn, pillar, or cone represents something as well but I am not really sure what at the moment.. The peacock feathers probably have a symbolism to them as well.. I think I will need to study this card a little further.

From The Book:
The Empress rules her social scene with a self-assured ruthlessness. But as beautiful as she is and as confident as she may be, she is also petty, jealous, and disruptive.

Upright: Good luck with other people of the seeker's own sex. If this signifies a pregnancy, than it is a successful one, with excellent portents.

Reverse: Sterility. Clashing with those of the opposite sex.

Preemptory: A growing dissatisfaction threatens your inner harmony, and ultimately, you balance. Decide exactly what it is you want.

What is your take on this card? :) All are welcome to discuss since you can view this card.

mj07

I love this card, it's one of the reasons I bought the deck! Look at her knitting and how it attaches to the man and woman making love! Is she CREATING them, or controlling them? She's an amazing image of fertility!

I'm not sure what that pillar to her right is supposed to represent, either...

Inana

I'm trying relive this group and this is agood card to start with. So, here is my take on this Empress:

A pregnant woman sit with spread legs (she is open to sex) inside a green sphere. The sphere could be the moon in its different phases (feminine cycles), an ovary, an ovule or the womb.
The peacock feathers in the sphere are a symbol of luxury, elegance, beauty and of sexual reclaim.

The lateral column looks like a stalagmite to me. A slow and natural creation that requires time & patience to flourish. Spectacular results achieved with simple materials and lots of perseverance.
It could also be a DNA spiral or some sort of needle.

She is knitting and attached to the tangled threads (chaotic, disorganized), there is a couple. She is creating a sexual union, or love, she is knitting life. Is a goddess of creation and fertility, taking care of her possessions and controlling them in a subtle way. She is a good matchmaker too.

The background are some mountains and crop fields (transforming and using nature to produce).

Meanings/Keyboards: Pregnancy. Fertility. Creation. Patience. Controlling. Intriguing. Not letting go. Knowing and enjoying sexuality. Sexual experience. Long-term relationships. Matchmaker. Sexy mom.