The Book of the Law Study Group 2.68

Grigori

...and think of baseball, then names the US states in alphabetical order ;)

Aeon418

I like the description in Liber A’ash.
1. Thou art blasted and black! Supremely solitary in that heath of scrub.
2. Up! The Ruddy clouds hang over thee! It is the storm.
3. There is a flaming gash in the sky.
4. Up.
5. Thou art tossed about in the grip of the storm for an æon and an æon and an æon. But thou givest not thy sap; thou fallest not.
6. Only in the end shalt thou give up thy sap when the great God F.I.A.T. is enthroned on the day of Be-With-Us.
Which level you interpret it on is up to you. :laugh:

Always Wondering

I tried to look up F.I.A.T. All I could find is fiat, as in fiat yod, Jane Wolfe's motto meaning the creative Force of the Universe? I typed F.I.A.T. into Thelemapedia and it said I spelled it wrong. It seems to me then that F.I.A.T. might have a different meaning but I can't find it.

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
I tried to look up F.I.A.T. All I could find is fiat, as in fiat yod, Jane Wolfe's motto meaning the creative Force of the Universe? I typed F.I.A.T. into Thelemapedia and it said I spelled it wrong. It seems to me then that F.I.A.T. might have a different meaning but I can't find it.
Fiat is Latin for "let it be" or "let there be". You're probably already familiar with Fiat Lux - let there be light. In this instance F.I.A.T. is also symbolic of the 4-in-1 quintessence of the four elements.

Flatus - Air.
Ignis - Fire.
Aqua - Water.
Terra - Earth.

This drawing together of the 4 into 1 is bound up with ideas of one-pointedness, single minded devotion, etc. Compare that with our current AL verse. "Harder! Hold up thyself! Lift thine head!" Yes, it's all very phallic, but it does suggest intense strain and effort to achieve total one pointedness.

Oh, and Fiat also make Ferrari sports cars. :laugh:

Aeon418

Just a reminder if the connection seems obscure.

Remember all the stuff we discussed earlier about the symbolism of the raising of the Pyramid and it's equivalent phallic symbolism?

F.I.A.T - 4 elements/sides converging at one captone of Spirit. Let there be LVX.
AL I:51 There are four gates to one palace; the floor of that palace is of silver and gold; lapis lazuli & jasper are there; and all rare scents; jasmine & rose, and the emblems of death. Let him enter in turn or at once the four gates; let him stand on the floor of the palace. Will he not sink? Amn. Ho! warrior, if thy servant sink?
Will he not sink? If he does there will be no K&C.

If K&C is conceptualised as the perfect union of Nuit and Hadit, then metaphorically "climaxing" too soon will prevent it from happening. Spiritual practices increase our capacity to "bear more joy" and metaphorically speaking help us last longer. ;)
5. Thou art tossed about in the grip of the storm for an æon and an æon and an æon. But thou givest not thy sap; thou fallest not.
6. Only in the end shalt thou give up thy sap when the great God F.I.A.T. is enthroned on the day of Be-With-Us.

Always Wondering

Thank-you. I find this interesting.

Aeon418 said:
This drawing together of the 4 into 1 is bound up with ideas of one-pointedness, single minded devotion, etc. Compare that with our current AL verse. "Harder! Hold up thyself! Lift thine head!" Yes, it's all very phallic, but it does suggest intense strain and effort to achieve total one pointedness.

It reminds me of Liber Samekh, when I read it I wonder if I am imagining um, more than is there. :laugh:

Aeon418 said:
Just a reminder if the connection seems obscure.

Yeah, thanks. I wasn't about to ask wasn't this about more than Thelemic lubricant again. :|

Aeon418 said:
If K&C is conceptualised as the perfect union of Nuit and Hadit, then metaphorically "climaxing" too soon will prevent it from happening. Spiritual practices increase our capacity to "bear more joy" and metaphorically speaking help us last longer.

Okay this is starting to sink in reguarding meditation, if I ever do get to that perfect moment. In the meantime I can practice um, other ways.

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
Yeah, thanks. I wasn't about to ask wasn't this about more than Thelemic lubricant again.
Just thought I would make sure. Sexual symbolism often has a habit of leading people to very literal and mundane interpretations. :laugh:
Always Wondering said:
Okay this is starting to sink in reguarding meditation, if I ever do get to that perfect moment.
Do you ever actively chase after blissful feelings of what I call "lighting up" that arise during your meditation practice? It takes a lot of practice just to let it build on it's own, doesn't it? If we use the sexual metaphor you could compare it to getting excited and immediately racing for the "payoff". But that's counter-productive if you're trying to reach higher levels of experience.
Wisdom says: be strong! Then canst thou bear more joy.

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
Do you ever actively chase after blissful feelings of what I call "lighting up" that arise during your meditation practice? It takes a lot of practice just to let it build on it's own, doesn't it? If we use the sexual metaphor you could compare it to getting excited and immediately racing for the "payoff". But that's counter-productive if you're trying to reach higher levels of experience.

Well, mostly I am still trying to quiet my mind. I've had issues. :|
But I continue to feel better and talk like this keeps me motivated. :laugh:

AW

Always Wondering

Oh.

This morning I discovered there is space between the thoughts. And it is not so much a matter of widening the space, but hovering between them. It was surprisingly pleasant. I don't know if I was lighting up but maybe that is next. :D

You're right, it is hard just to hover. But I've had a bit of practice with that which indeed proved helpful. :laugh:

I've been doing battle with my thoughts for so long, this is quite a relief.

AW