Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Oracles > Oracles

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

linnie 
Walker of Life, and Labyrinths :)

Smile

Namaste Alta, emmsma

Alta, your deck was posted just over a week ago, for memory, so it will be getting close, I would imagine. Christmas mail and tighter security etc does seem to have slowed things down a bit, though... I certainly hope it gets to you very soon... Thank you for your words... I know not everyone will love square, or round, or triangular, or star-shaped... and not all will like full-colour, or B&W, or mixed... In a world with so much individuality, and so very many decks, though, I find myself deliriously happy that some wonderful people love A'HA!!!

emmsma... I am happy that you are happy keeping A'HA intact... absolutely up to you, of course... I just never even knew that people adjusted their decks via trimming, 'pimping', glittering and etc until I found AT!!!

Old 11-12-2010 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #61
inanna_tarot 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnie
I just never even knew that people adjusted their decks via trimming, 'pimping', glittering and etc until I found AT!!!
LOL yeah, I remember turning up to a few tarot or pagan related events with my very battered Thoth and my trimmed druidcraft, and it ALWAYS causes a stir about why I trimmed the white edges off etc.
But, if you are going to use them, love them, carry them around with you, shuffle and treasure them, then they need to be customised to make them suit you. A good deck becomes part of your hands and part of your own language.

And I keep looking over and over your cards Linnie. I might wait to see what our Alta makes of them first before I max out the credit card lol.

Last edited by inanna_tarot; 12-12-2010 at 08:11.
inanna_tarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #62
linnie 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inanna_tarot
if you are going to use them, love them, carry them around with you, shuffle and treasure them, then they need to be customised to make them suit you. A good deck because part of your hands and part of your own language.
Absolutely! I simply hadn't heard of it all before... but everything else gets customised, and decks are about as personal an item as people can interact with, so... of course!!! I'm just glad emmsma is happy with them as they are, as it saves lots of effort, I think... but loving effort, as you point out!

Well, Alta will receive her deck very soon... I hope she has only wonderful things to say about it, so as to inspire you! (No pressure, Alta... honesty is always the best policy, and deck choices are very personal, as are our likes and dislikes generally . My sincere hope is that everyone who feels moved to work with A'HA loves them, though... just natural, I guess. )

Old 12-12-2010 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #63
linnie 

Smile Is this bumping???

Namaste, all... I'm still trying to figure out what 'bumping' is, think it may be doing consecutive posts on one's own thread???

I just wanted to thank NikkiB for posting a review of A'HA Oracle for me... and thanks to all of you for your enthusiasm... talk soon... Linnie xx

Old 17-12-2010 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #64
Kissa 
Citizen

sorry, I like this oracle deck so much, I need to bump the thread up.

The messages are clear and spot on. Linnie's LWB is full of insight and wisdom.

I have the secret project (well, not anymore LOL) of purchasing another copy of the deck and trimming it into a... ROUND deck! :-)

Happy New Year to everybody, and to all of you in search of something unique & different, please consider A'HA oracle :-)

PS: yes, NikkiB's review does justice to my favourite deck :-) Hurray Nikki, thank YOU :-)

Old 13-01-2011 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #65
linnie 

Smile Thank you :)

Thank you Kissa

That's lovely of you to bump to let people know your thoughts about A'HA... A trimmed round deck, huh??? I think they'd love that.... I almost did it that way, but bauked because of a few different reasons... At the time that I published A'HA I probably preferred the usual-shaped cards myself, and so thought that that would be the best way to go. Since then, I've played with a few round decks myself, and love them, too, so...

Thank you for your feedback and thoughts. Linnie xxx

Old 15-01-2011 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #66
ann823 
Citizen

I love the look of this deck, is there any chance it will be available mass market? My finances are not so hot right now.
Linnie, bumping is adding a post to a thread that is going down on the page where the tread titles are listed, or maybe has gone on to page 2, 3...or further. By adding a new post the thread is "bumped" back up to the top of the list and usually kept more active. You've created a beautiful deck!
Ann
ann823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #67
linnie 

Smile

Thank you so much, Ann. I'm always very eager for feedback re A'HA. I will talk in more length when I get over a nasty fever, but wanted to let you know I've read your post and appreciate it very much. All things good,

Linnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann823
I love the look of this deck, is there any chance it will be available mass market? My finances are not so hot right now.
Linnie, bumping is adding a post to a thread that is going down on the page where the tread titles are listed, or maybe has gone on to page 2, 3...or further. By adding a new post the thread is "bumped" back up to the top of the list and usually kept more active. You've created a beautiful deck!
Ann

Old 17-01-2011 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #68
ann823 
Citizen

Take care of yourself, there's a lot of nasty stuff going around here too.
ann823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #69
Alta 
Golden Silvery Dionna

Well, I have been busy and I finally did a reading with the A'HA oracle (oops, which I received before Christmas). A caveat, I did this during commercial breaks while watching TV. I enjoyed the exercise if picking the first three key cards and I must say the whole message tied together very nicely after I drew the second three.
Alta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #70