The Last Spread

MissJo

Previously I posted a reading on my sick pet, yesterday I made the decision to put her down and it was done today. I did one last spread for her, I made this one myself because I couldn't quite find the right one. I would like a second opinion, there are a couple of cards I had trouble understanding and hey... I'm still new.

Knaves=Pages

1) The pet: The Sun
She’s happy, she feels like the sun is shining down on her.
(This is exceedingly sweet, every night I've been singing "You Are My Sunshine" to her, it always made her brux [Bruxing to a rat is purring to a cat]. Because of that I think it may also mean that she knows that she was my sun and she made me very happy).

2) The owner: Wheel of Fortune
I’m at another turning point in life, there will be some changes but everything will be okay. Things can only get better from this point on. Perhaps I’m starting to learn that life is a cycle full of ups and downs.

3) Their relationship: Knave of Wands
There is trust, loyalty and devotion. We have brought one another good things.

4) How the pet feels about the life they lived: Knave of Pentacles
She’s made the most out of the life she was given; her life has had inspiration, good news, new beginnings, enthusiasm, devotion and responsibility… she’s had a good life.

5) How the pet feels about their owner: Strength
There have been some hard times, but love has always triumphed over hate. She accepted me for me, good and bad, she trusts me, I give her strength, and she loves me a lot.

6) How the pet feels about other pets/people: Two of Cups
She loves and trusts them, considering everyone around her a dear friend.

7) What is the most important thing the pet wants their owner to know before they sleep forever: The Priestess
I’m not sure about this card. I think she may be telling me that she knows she’s crossing over, and though the path before her is unknown… she has trust in Fate that everything will be okay. She is completely understanding of her situation, and she knows she will soon be at peace.

8) What is the most important thing fate wants the owner to know before their pet sleeps forever: Four of Pentacles
That it’s time to let go and too move on.

9) Advice on staying strong: The World
I promised Ice that I would do my best to make her last moments the best and to stay with her until the very end… and I have kept those promises and obtained my goal. I should know that with every end starts a new beginning, we are both beginning a new journey and Ice is one with the universe, she is at peace now.

starrystarrynight

I think you read that beautifully, and I wouldn't change a word.

:heart: (((Ice))) :heart:

BrooklynRider

This is such an intimate reading of a soul you knew so well. There has to be so much that you drew from the imagery and symbolism. I feel that no one could do a read of this depth and perception, but you.

I hope you find peace with this loss. The read certainly reveals your lovely spirit.

Devi

MissJo, I'm so very touched reading this. I am very scared of rats and never thought anyone can feel so deeply about them. You changed my perspective of seeing them.

May god give you strength and love :)

MissJo

Starry: Really? I'm happy then I read the cards right then... for more than one reason. To know I made her happy, that she's at peace... that's all I wanted for her.
Rider: I think I am at peace now. I got all the tears out last night (well, Thursday night), I stayed up most of the night just holding her, saying goodbye and crying my eyes out... it made it easier for today (Friday... past 12, haha). And after this spread too, I mean... I'm horrible sad over it, but knowing I did the right thing, and she's at peace now... what more can a momma ask for?
Devi: It's in my nature to love all animals... hell, I'm the kind of person that has issues killing a bug. A lot of people seem to be afraid of rats, but they are really loving, sweet, loyal and funny little critters that are full of personality. They really have an image they don't deserve.

Thank all of you.

Fostha

MissJo said:
Starry: Really? I'm happy then I read the cards right then... for more than one reason. To know I made her happy, that she's at peace... that's all I wanted for her.
Rider: I think I am at peace now. I got all the tears out last night (well, Thursday night), I stayed up most of the night just holding her, saying goodbye and crying my eyes out... it made it easier for today (Friday... past 12, haha). And after this spread too, I mean... I'm horrible sad over it, but knowing I did the right thing, and she's at peace now... what more can a momma ask for?
Devi: It's in my nature to love all animals... hell, I'm the kind of person that has issues killing a bug. A lot of people seem to be afraid of rats, but they are really loving, sweet, loyal and funny little critters that are full of personality. They really have an image they don't deserve.
Oh dont they,I think they're an adorable creature,yet my big brother whos a huge lump of a man runs and hides behind mommy still at the mere mention of one showing up.(I do like to torment him just to keep him stimulated and fit and healthy,otherwise he'd never move about at all)Keep trying to tell him theres nowt to worry about,sillybilly that he is.So very sorry for your loss anyhow,but I'm sure shes now free from pain and safe exactly where she is,bless her. :)