Low Magick

Grigori

I wonder folks reading this book how you find Lon's writing style has changed since My Life with the Spirits? A friend saw a copy of his Enochian Sex Magick book cheap and so gifted it to me last week, and I was struck reading it how different his style is in his newer books, especially if comparing to his latest Enochian book. It's like he found his voice, and is able to be humorous, but more importantly a teacher in his recent stuff. His older book is much more technical and factual, and less informative also.

How do you see the difference between Low Magick and My Life with the Spirits? Is it more recent stories only, or is there some difference in the books agenda or application?

zan_chan

No Kindle edition?? Lame... :neutral:

Looks good, though. I loved "My Life..."

Aeon418

Grigori said:
It's like he found his voice,
Or maybe he found his audience.

Gold Bricks. ;)

Always Wondering

I found him warm, funny and very comfortable in is own skin. I got the feeling Constance never has a dull moment. It is not a very technical book and that did surprise me a little as I have read The Magick of Thelema and Sex Magic, Tantra & Tarot which he co-wrote with Christopher Hyatt. I haven't read My Life With Spirits yet. I read The Chicken Qabalah first, so I have always perceived him as pretty funny, but he is definitely more open in Low Magick.
And yes, he got me grappling with some resistance in myself and rereading the Book of Law, especially our first chapter study, all the while laughing at myself and interviewing gods. I'd call him a wonderful teacher.

The stories go back as far as his childhood and end at an exorcism at a girls Catholic school. It did have a chronological feel to it, but I don't know enough about his life/career to confirm this.

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
You never said what you thought of the book.
That's because I haven't read it yet! The UK release date is December 1st. I've got my pre-order in though. ;)

Always Wondering

Well shoot. I was wondering how you did that, but figured it was one of your Amazon kickbacks. :laugh: I would have gotten you a copy.

And now I've given the plot away.

AW

Aeon418

My copy arrived in the post this morning.

Always Wondering

Oh good. You've been so patienty waiting to recieve, read and share your thoughts.

No wait, that's me.

:laugh:

AW

Flaxen

My copy arrived today too. :)

I've read the first couple of chapters so far, I really like his writing style. I'd read 'My life with the Spirits' and enjoyed that. Personally, I find it interesting to read about personal experiences in the field of magic - a lot can be learned as I don't know anyone in real life who practises magic.