we have desert island decks - what about your desert island crystals?

shadowdancer

Bit of background to this question:

We had some earthquakes here in Christchurch and I packed a rucksack of clothes just in case I had to leave the house in a hurry as well as a travel bag of a few tarot decks and important documents. Some did lose their houses and it got me thinking - it doesn't hurt to be prepared just in case. The rucksack is also there if we go away for a short break - don't need to flaff around packing :) so it has its use regardless.

I do have however, a lovely set of gemstones which I class as my master healing set. The all singing, all dancing, would not want to be without gemstones. (see the piccies below). This set is on my bedside cabinet, so some lovely energies around me whilst I sleep. Mostly they are wands, some tumbles, a set of platonic solids (7 item set including sphere and merkabah), further merkabahs, master quartz crystals, generator quartz points, full range of calcites, volcanic lava for grounding etc. The whole ensemble is finished by the copper wand which was made recently for me. Previous post details the story behind it.

It really is IMO a master set and it got me thinking - if I had to leave the house, they are being swept into a holdall and are coming with me :D
I don't have youngsters or pets to worry about, and my partner is more than capable of getting his own rear end out so I am able to take a rucksack and two carry cases/bags.

So, what are your MUST HAVE gemstones and why. I do have a lot more than this by way of collection, but these are the ones that I would use the most - they just seem to have so much they offer and cover most eventualities I encounter.

My list is:

ametrine
Selenite
Tormaline (green, blue and pink)
aqua aura
azurite
Dioptase
fluorite
calcite (black, red, blue, yellow, honey, green, optical, mangano, peach)
satin sheen obsidian
labradorite
full quartz family (rose, smokey, citrine, clear, amethyst)
Enhydro (quartz with liquid bubble trapped inside)
garnet
kyanite
rhodochrosite
kunzite
celestite
turquoise
Larimar
scapolite
danburite
tiger eye
topaz
flame aura quartz
charoite
sugilite
rutilated smokey quartz

Attachments

• front view.jpg
    front view.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 116
  • topview.jpg
    topview.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 102

shadowdancer

forgot to add..

the shells in the bottom shelf are paua shells. Unique to NZ and absolutely beautiful. Also perfect size for holding the collections (quartz generators, masters, calcites etc)

Alta

wow, that is appealing even visually. Good idea.

shadowdancer

thanks Alta. :)

Next stop is to get a tool box adapted so it is easily transportable. Got a charity day coming up and have decided to do the healing instead of readings this time round. With the shelving as it is it really takes up next to no room. Got to give thanks to my fiancee for that - he made it for me.

so, does anyone else have their desert island crystals? If so, what are they and why? Shall we take quartz as a given, or are there users/healers out there who would take something instead of quartz if faced with that dilemma?

Davina

NorthernTigress

Okay, when we did Desert Island Decks, a person was only allowed one or two decks. You look like you have enough crystals to sink the lifeboat before you even get to the Desert Island! ;)

If I was on a desert island, or fleeing a fire, I'd need:

• The contents of my "medicine bag" (which is always around my neck anyway). A black tourmaline, a sliver of selenite, and a lapis lazuli disk.
  • My large selenite rod (the one from which the sliver chipped off)
  • My Sodalite. I've got a mid-sized piece of polished sodalite that looks like a frozen lightning storm

Sorry forgot my whys. The large selenite helps me to sleep. The sodalite I find calming and energizing at the same time; plus I have a strong attraction to blue stones. And my medicine bag is a combination of protection, defense and comfort.

shadowdancer

you have just made me think Northern Tigress. This is my master healing set, which I use on myself and others, covering most eventualities. In my spare bedroom which I have kitted out as a healing and reading room, I have a shedload more by way of gemstones. All valid and have great properties, but I have kept a master set separate as you can see. It wouldn't be the life boat sinking if I took them also - it would be the whole liner :D

If I were on the desert island alone, what would I want - for ME.

Well, in that case, after a lot of thought it would be the case of grabbing that copper wand. It has:
kyanite, smokey, labradorite, clear quartz, citrine, amethyst and a double terminator in the main frame.

Lifeboat might then make it :D

ETA: reasons?? Kyanite and Labradorite are excellent for opening and charging chakras, aligning them and the subtle bodies.
Smokey to transmute negative energy.
Clear quartz cos it does anything and everything, pretty much.
The DT pushes energy both ends so really would amplify the energy of the gems either end. Extra amplification by the copper.

Davina

Le Fanu

I shall be sensible and not greedy; mine would be obsidian. :)

shadowdancer

good choice there Le Fanu - why obsidian?

Wendywu

Mine is a quartz point - about two inches long - that hangs around my neck. It is a rough point, not wired - there is just a small loop inserted into the bottom. Y'know how there's a tarot deck that is the "one"? Rough quartz is my "one" in crystals. Not tumbled, not wired, not polished in anyway - just as it comes. Preferably with a bit of the matrix still on it. Yes, that rough - no smoothed base, no evened out bits.

Quartz gives me strength and power. It goes so hot on my skin if laid on me as one of a group of healer stones that I get deep red patches on my skin that take a day or so to go! Around my neck it is warm, comforting and there's a window in it that I can use to dive right into the crystal mentally if I care to. My husband stopped doing that with windows in crystals - he got so far in that he was totally gone one day, and it frightened him. I think he should keep going and see where he ends up, but he won't. He'd bring his own crystals, which would certainly include a quartz wand.

My quartz point is my dowsing crystal too - amazing that it can whirl round at such speed depending on the question... You'd swear it was being whizzed round over someone's head. I was gobsmacked first time it did that :D

shadowdancer

Window crystal eh Wendy - that is awesome. The clear quartz point on my copper wand is a window too. And one seashell in the base of the unit is just of master crystals - all unpolished, as they came. You are right - there is something special about quartz in its most natural form.

Davina